PDA

View Full Version : BC lately?

lylone
02-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Hello,

Has anyone been to the Beach Club lately? I have heard some bad comments about the service and mousekeeping was pretty bad in November/December, but I am hoping that it has changed since then.

Anyone?
Lylone:thumbsup:

renecat
02-11-2011, 12:13 PM
We were at the Beach Club in Oct. 2010. Have no complaints about anything. We were a room of 4 women so we always needed extra wash clothes and towels. Our mousekeeper Sally was wonderful she made sure we got everything we needed and then some. The day that we left I called housekeeping just to let them know how happy we were with Sally. We are going to the Grand Floridain in Nov. of this year just because its on the monarail. Wish we could have Sally to take care of us agian. We tipped here everyday but because of the service she gave us we all gave her extrA that last day.

arm00leg
02-11-2011, 09:59 PM
We just stayed at the BC in January and really liked it. Pretty, relaxing, comfy king size bed. The room was clean, lots of towels, everything refilled and kept up. Some minor maintenance issues, we noticed some wallpaper starting to peel in a corner near the ceiling and the toilet seat was bit loose, you had to be careful when you sat down :blush:. It was our first stay at BC because we used the rather fabulous discount, we could finally afford it. We would love to stay there again - budget permitting. I recommend it.

lylone
02-15-2011, 01:19 PM
thank you for the responses. We too are staying at the BC on a wonderful discount. Do the buses to the parks really share with YC, dolphin and swan? which order do they pick up?

arm00leg
02-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Yes, you do share the buses but it really was't too bad, crowded sometimes but not bad as far as time. Yacht Club is super close so it's a fast stop, Swan and Dolphin close too. Sorry I do not remember the order. We didn't use the buses much, mostly the boats and our feet - for us it was a quick walk to World Showcase and boats will take you to Disney Studios, Boardwalk, and World Showcase. Though that walk was less quick toward the end of the day or the end of week as we got more and more (good kind) worn out.

MarkC
02-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Just out of curiosity can anywhere share where you are getting these "wonderful discounts"? Are they corporate rates, etc.? I thought Disney was pretty tight on these things. Thanks.

arm00leg
02-15-2011, 03:39 PM
We saw many commercials for Disney specials but we used Magical Journey's to set everything up. We booked in November for our trip in January, if I remember correctly our room was 35 or 40% off. I think there are still good specials going on, try contacting Magical Journey's they will give you a quote, you might get lucky like we did!

lylone
02-21-2011, 08:05 AM
I get notifications in the mail with PIN codes on them. If you send away for their "vacation planning" video then you will be registered in their system and will get the notifications of the offers in the mail and it will have a PIN number by your address on the flyer.
I actually missed the time frame to call about the special, but they gave me a deal anyway