PDA

View Full Version : September Resort dining..

mickey_M_lvr
02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone! Due to flights we are adding a day to our stay in Sept. We neglected to add an additional park hopper for that day...oops! So DH & I were thinking of resort hopping one day. Just to see what some of the other resorts look like and to see if there are any we would like to stay at. SO here is my question... Are there any ABSOLUTE must do's for dining that day. And if so...should I make ADR's?? We were kind of hoping for a low stress day.

What you you think??

Thank! :)

P.S. forgot to mention we are staying at POFQ...if that matters :D

Strmchsr
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
You can still add another day's ticket with no problem. It'll be $4 or so each, so it's not a big deal to add a day.

That said, resort hopping can be fun but almost all of the resort restaurants need ADRs. And during September with "free" dining, you need an ADR for basically everywhere. The deluxe resorts are all must sees for us. If you haven't see All Star Movies, that's another fun one just because of all of the great Disney themeing.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Agreed - the days of just doing a walk up to a resort restaraunt and getting seated are pretty likely gone. Because of how pricy they are, some of the signature restaraunts like Artist Point or Yachtsman or Jiku might allow for a walk up, but something like Ohana or Chef Mickey's, forget it.

A good (or maybe best) bet would be the Boardwalk area. You can tour the Boardwalk hotel, the Yacht and Beach Club as well as the Swan and Dolphin, all within one walkable area. Plus you have several dining options from the Yachtsman to Flying Fish, Kouzzina, to the ones in the Swan/Dolphin. It would give you probably the most options of getting a succesful seating.

johnO
02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
We've enjoyed resort hopping. AKL is great, with great restaurants. WL ditto...

AHOTE
02-11-2011, 11:13 AM
We did Sanaa last time we were down and it was a wonderful dining experience. :thumbsup: