PDA

View Full Version : Super Duper Nice Cast Member at MK

lovinmesomedisney
02-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I, like others on here have noticed some of the rude cast members recently, so I only thought it fair to recognize a very nice one. We were at the MK and my DD and I went to ride MS. When we came out, I had received a text from my two sisters who said they were on the Buzz Lightyear ride. We got in the line, but it was going nowhere! I told my DD that it must be stopped, so let's just wait outside. We were waiting on some benches where you get your fast passes for this ride. A cast member approached me and asked if I was waiting for something. I told him we were waiting on my sisters because they were on the ride. We were going to go, but it seemed like the line wasn't going anywhere. He continued to talk to us, then he took out a little card from his pocket, and turned it into a fast pass for us to ride immediately! :mickey: I wasn't at all expecting that. As we approached the entrance, my two sisters came out. We told them we were going on, and he saw us talking to them. He came back to me and changed the fastpass from 2 to 4 people. We walked right on and enjoyed the ride. After we got out, I again thanked him and told him how very nice he was and how he didn't have to do that. It was nice to "Feel the Magic" and be reminded of the NICE cast members and their value to DW.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-10-2011, 10:26 AM
That's nice to have that happen:mickey: What is MS?

lovinmesomedisney
02-10-2011, 10:35 AM

It's a typo!!! :blush: I meant SM!!! :)

Dsnygirl
02-10-2011, 11:37 AM

Funny, I had the same question and was racking my brain to figure out what ride I'd missed all these years.... :D

That was so nice of the CM to do that for you.... I have to say that during my January trip, we had really great CMs.... ones that really seemed into their job and genuinely having a good time. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Ha, the only thing I could think was Main Street vehicles:confused:

clausjo
02-10-2011, 05:43 PM
We encountered some on our trip we just got back from. DS was trying to get a complete set of pins and had managed to get them all but one. At AK, DD had asked one of the CMs if they had the pin and, when she didn’t, she sent us over to someone else. They didn’t have it either so they walked us over to the store nearby and found the manager. She asked every single cast member in that area – including the ones in the back – for the pin. No one had it, but it was wonderful how hard they tried to get it for us. The same thing happened at AKL on our last day. The CMs there checked with everyone nearby to see if someone had it and we were able to find it! We're new to pin trading so I'm not sure if that was normal, but it really impressed us! :mickey:

brer frog
02-10-2011, 11:38 PM
that's AWESOME, it's good to see the cast members helping spread the magic, on m recent trips, it seems that not many of them still have that magical touch

ransam
02-12-2011, 02:57 AM
i have read about other cast members. guess i've just been lucky. I have only had one or two in all the times i've been going to disney.

A Big Kid
02-12-2011, 07:41 AM
ON my trip in January, a CM at the Poly went waaaay out of his for me. I wa getting all my gear together for the marathon in the morning when I realized that somehow, I failed to get safety pins (to pin my number to my shirt). It was late and I was scrambling. I went to the gift shop in the Great Ceremonial House and that is where Sang from Thailand saved the day!

We could not find safety pins in the shop so he said he would be right back. He left and returned about 5 minutes later with four safety pins. Now that is "magical."

TheVBs
02-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Love hearing stories like this! :mickey: Thanks for sharing them.

kemps@wdw
02-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I believe that rude CMs are the exception, not the rule. Although, everyone has their "bad days", WDW is not the place for it. And I'm sure that the CMs deal with some extremely rude guests ( as alot of us do in the course of our jobs), and I myself have witnessed some VERY crass behavior @ WDW (what were they thinking). But, bottom line is that the CMs are trained and required to to put their best foot forward. Lucky for us, most of them actually want to be pleasant and helpful and some go WAAAAAAY above and beyond and should be recognized for that! Theirs is a sometimes thankless task.

johnO
02-13-2011, 02:05 AM
great story

NJDad
02-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Last weekend, in Tomorrowland, a CM (maybe the same one?) gave us "Magic Fastpasses" good for any ride in the MK for about a week. Asked him why, said we looked so happy. (Little did he know about the youngest one!)

We saved them, waiting for the right time and ride to use them on, but never needed them (low crowds and rain/drizzle during the rest of our MK time).

Wanted to pass them on to someone else when we ended up back at Pop but our ride was early and we forgot.

amorillo
02-13-2011, 03:11 PM
I love the CMs! On my last trip... a solo trip in Oct. I got on splash mountain and when i came around and the CM asked me how many in my party I said one...while we were talking i told him i had come alone to run that weekend... he put me in a boat all by myself! very cool! :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-13-2011, 08:34 PM
It's always nice to hear about CMs who go above and beyond the call of duty. Hopefully that means that they enjoy their job too.