PDA

View Full Version : Disney Text Alerts?

fphlip9
02-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there's any text alert system for wait times in Walt Disney World?

Or if there's an app that provides this information?

Thanks!

Strmchsr
02-09-2011, 06:34 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

There's no text alert system, but there are several apps with live wait times.

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2011, 06:46 PM
:welcome: to intercot! If you have a verizon phone they do have an app (I believe its $19.99? for 180 days worth of service) and it give you updates to live wait times, fast pass availability, fast pass times, etc. or it could have been $9.99 either way I remember seeing the price and saying thats crazy! LOL But if its something you really want then by all means have a ball. I will try to see if I can find what it was called and if I can get the text code if your interested. In order to get it u have to text some code to a certain number. But it may be worth trying for your phone searching under the apps to see if anything comes up :)

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2011, 06:47 PM
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/11/mobile-magic-%E2%80%93-first-disney-parks-mobile-app-now-available/

Thats the information regarding the verizon mobile app. :mickey:

IamaDisneyFan
02-09-2011, 06:52 PM
iPhone has an app called Disney World Wait Times and it's free. :mickey:

kakn7294
02-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Verizon's WDW app is $9.95 for 180 days and is the official Disney app. The wait times exactly match the posted times outside of each attraction and on the tip boards. There are other, free or less expensive apps available for iPhones or other smartphones but they rely on user submissions and may or may not be accurate.

KeriWDE
02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
http://disneyparksmobile.com/

There is a website that is available to phones with browsers that will use your data package.

There is a text service that you register with at this site a few days before you go. Each morning you receive a text that asks you which park you will be visiting (don't know how it works if you parkhop). You reply to that and then you get to text 4 times during the day to get wait times for a particular ride.

As for how well it works, we will be using it when we go down in 15 days! I'll let you know...

;)

brownie
02-09-2011, 09:55 PM
m.disneyworld.go.com will give you a general idea of waits for the different attractions but nothing specific.

I find it easier to use the tip boards and the attractions themselves.

kakn7294
02-09-2011, 10:23 PM

There is a website that is available to phones with browsers that will use your data package.

There is a text service that you register with at this site a few days before you go. Each morning you receive a text that asks you which park you will be visiting (don't know how it works if you parkhop). You reply to that and then you get to text 4 times during the day to get wait times for a particular ride.

As for how well it works, we will be using it when we go down in 15 days! I'll let you know...

;)

You just refreshed my memory. I had that in August and found it extremely annoying. It texted me at weird hours in the morning then it never worked throughout the day. Good luck with it! Maybe they've worked the bugs out by now!

Dsnygirl
02-10-2011, 09:54 AM
The best I have found is WDW Lines, you can search for it on your phone under free apps, take a look at it and decide whether or not you want the free version, or if you'd like to upgrade to the "paid" version. (The "paid" version just gives you more information.) It is $10.99 for a year of service, and you can either register for it on your phone, or online, and then log-in on your phone with the account info you set up online. It's by far the best I've seen -- it not only has wait times, but also park hours, EMH info, specific ride info and up-to-the-minute texted in wait times, if available, for each ride. I found it very accurate, and fun to use. (I've also used the one through Undercover Tourist, but it doesn't have as much info as WDW Lines)

Have fun!

buzznwoodysmom
02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
We've used the iPhone app on several trips now and its been pretty accurate even though its based on user submission. On each trip we've noticed that the main time periods the information was not accurate was at the very end of the park day. Many guests have left for the day and the wait times listed where much longer than the actual wait time. Other than that we found it to be very accurate, and its a free app!

KeriWDE
02-10-2011, 08:45 PM
The best I have found is WDW Lines, you can search for it on your phone under free apps, take a look at it and decide whether or not you want the free version, or if you'd like to upgrade to the "paid" version. (The "paid" version just gives you more information.) It is $10.99 for a year of service, and you can either register for it on your phone, or online, and then log-in on your phone with the account info you set up online. It's by far the best I've seen -- it not only has wait times, but also park hours, EMH info, specific ride info and up-to-the-minute texted in wait times, if available, for each ride. I found it very accurate, and fun to use. (I've also used the one through Undercover Tourist, but it doesn't have as much info as WDW Lines)

Have fun!

Do you know if its blackberry-friendly?

sportsguy2315
02-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Do you know if its blackberry-friendly?

It is. It's available on the Blackberry Browser.

KeriWDE
02-11-2011, 11:46 AM
It is. It's available on the Blackberry Browser.

Cool! Thanks!

MarkC
02-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Just a quick comment on websites and apps-- today a major website for crowd estimates had a crowd level at 3, but from the Intercot tweets the lines made it appear that the crowd was probably closer to a 6 or 7 at Animal Kingdom. There are educated guesses to crowd size but you never can be certain on a given day.

JPL
02-13-2011, 08:56 PM
You just refreshed my memory. I had that in August and found it extremely annoying. It texted me at weird hours in the morning then it never worked throughout the day. Good luck with it! Maybe they've worked the bugs out by now!

I tried the text service in December and it was terrible! It didn't give you specific wait times just general information! Like Moderate Wait and stuff like that basically the same info you can get from the WDW Mobile Site. It's really sad how far behind Disney is when it comes to technology. I know the Verizon Mobile Magic App still isn't available for Smartphones which is pathetic!

Melanie
02-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Just a quick comment on websites and apps-- today a major website for crowd estimates had a crowd level at 3, but from the Intercot tweets the lines made it appear that the crowd was probably closer to a 6 or 7 at Animal Kingdom. There are educated guesses to crowd size but you never can be certain on a given day.

Oh goodness yes, that was me tweeting, and I can't imagine ever calling that a 3. Definitely a strong 5, low 6.

I have many of these unofficial apps, and just don't find any of them reliable enough to use seriously. I wish Disney would release one for all services. I'd be willing to pay.

beksy
02-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I would love to have one released by Disney and would definitely buy that one. I downloaded some free ones for our last trip but we were there at a non-busy time and I pretty much knew which rides would have longer times in the middle of the day so I never really used any of them.

johnO
02-15-2011, 04:09 PM
i just checked out the mobile site. The wait times are very vague

KeriWDE
03-06-2011, 07:06 PM

;)

I registered my husband's and my phones and we never even used this service.

It was never really even an issue since wait times and fast passes were plentiful (except for the obvious rides...)

So, I'm no help after all.

SORRY!

ransam
03-09-2011, 12:30 AM
i have it on my phone, and i look at it, and think wow...if i was at MK i could be on small world in 20 minutes, or some other ride. ha