PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo - 1/27/11 - Review

magicman
02-09-2011, 05:21 PM
My family of 6 (2 adults & 4 kids ages 15, 14, 11, & 3) ate at Teppan Edo in the Japan pavillion of the EPCOT World Showcase on 1/27.

1) Our reservations were at 1:10pm, and we had ADRs (we were on the DDP).

2) We waited 6 minutes for our table, and shared our table for 8 with a young couple.

3) The service was excellent as we thoroughly enjoyed the Japanese style grilling & interaction with our hibachi chef. We did have a bit of trouble understanding our expediter as her English wasn't her strength (albeit it was much, much, much better than my Japanese). We did a lot of bowing & smiling to each other & overcame all ordering obstacles.

4) Everyone in the group either ordered steak & shrimp or the filet mignon. Both were great orders; however, I must say the filet mignon was SO SUPREME that next time we'll all be ordering it.

5) Dessert isn't the strength of Teppan Edo. The Ginger Cake was the best order.

6) We will do Teppan Edo again. I would not say that it made my "must do every trip list", but it is definitely worth frequenting every other trip.:thumbsup:

(Note: Since we weren't stuffed after Teppan Edo, we slid out the backdoor of EPCOT, wandered over to Beaches & Cream & ordered 'The Kitchen Sink'. We ended up stuffed.:blush:)

disneymom15
02-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the review. DH and I had ressies for Teppan Edo on Jan 28 but had to cancel because DH wasn't feeling well. Will have to try to get ressies for Aug.

cajunprincess
02-09-2011, 05:52 PM
I have reservations here in May. It will be my first time there and am very much looking forward to it!!! Thanks so much for the review!

ftwildernesskid
02-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the review! We also have reservations for here in May. I'm really looking forward to it.

Jared
02-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the review. You ate at Teppan Edo on my birthday! Probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but glad to hear you had a nice meal!

Melanie
02-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Love both the restaurants in Japan. Thanks for the review! :sumo:

Gator
02-09-2011, 08:06 PM
I just did Teppen Edo for lunch on 1-31. I must have had the same girl, because I couldn't understand hardly a word she said. The chef was very good.

I had their signature dish, the scallops. They were incredible. I love scallops - love them - and that was the best I've ever had.

You're right about the deserts. The ginger cake wasn't great and the green tea pudding was borderline gross.

Still, I won't mind going back the next time I'm there.

AgentP
02-10-2011, 10:11 AM
This was always one of our favorite restaurants. We just love Japanese food. However, on our last trip we shared the table with a group of 4 very drunk people in their 20s. It was crazy. They were saying horrible things about Japanese people and cursing loudly. Finally, I spoke up and told him to be quiet since we were there with our two small children (1 and 3). Because of this experience, we would only go back if we had the numbers to fill the whole table of 8.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the reviews

Disney4us2
02-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks for your review. This is one of our favorites. I had the steak and shrimp in Dec. You now have me thinking about the filet. I may just have to give it a try. We will be there again during our spring break.

musicteacher
02-10-2011, 12:36 PM
We were there the night after you, on the 28th, at 5:00. We waited only about 10 minutes before we were seated with another couple, and 2 women in their twenties who were Japanese. My family of 4 was very happy with our food and it was the first time my 2 children had ever been in a Japanese restaurant, so it was a great experience for them.

We were on the DDP, but skipped dessert, as we had lots of snack credits to use before we went home the next day. We planned on snacking our way around Epcot the rest of the evening!

Disney Goof
02-10-2011, 12:41 PM
We love Teppan Edo and have been there twice with our three kids. They love it, especially the custom-made chop sticks and onion ring choo choo train!!!

The food is great and very fresh. The drinks are pretty good too!!!

We will definitely be going back on our next trip. Can't wait.:mickey:

forever a child
02-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the review. I am still on the fence about trying this place for our next visit. We would probably order the filet too. And well, we loved Le Cellier....so I guess it depends on if we can get in there instead or not. But we will definitely be trying this place sooner or later.:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the review. Sounds like Teppan Edo is worth a try.

iloveokw
02-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Tepen Edo is always on our very short must do list. I also always order the scallops. Besides the "show" and wonderful food, we enjoy it because their food doesn't weigh you down.

:)

Trev&Ev Mom
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Teppan Edo is always a must do for my family. My two boys (10,6) eat everything on their plates!!

In two weeks, we will be surprising our sports crazy boys with a trip to ESPN weekend. We have a reservation at Teppan Edo for dinner the night we arrive. We are picking them up from school early, heading to the airport and having dinner at Teppan Edo...what can be better than that?? :cloud9:

magicman
02-11-2011, 03:32 PM
...what can be better than that?? :cloud9:

The only thing that we added to the great meal at Teppan Edo was a quick trip over to Beaches & Cream for ice cream after dinner. :eat:

I love walking out EPCOT's backdoor and going by the Beach/Yacht club for an ice cream at Beaches & Cream. Also, I LOVE ordering "The Kitchen Sink". Can you believe they put a whole can of whip cream on it? A WHOLE CAN!!!???!!!:pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig:

Trev&Ev Mom
02-13-2011, 09:30 AM
The only thing that we added to the great meal at Teppan Edo was a quick trip over to Beaches & Cream for ice cream after dinner. :eat:

I love walking out EPCOT's backdoor and going by the Beach/Yacht club for an ice cream at Beaches & Cream. Also, I LOVE ordering "The Kitchen Sink". Can you believe they put a whole can of whip cream on it? A WHOLE CAN!!!???!!!:pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig:

I think we will have to try that!! Thanks for the tip...:cloud9: