PDA

View Full Version : Arr. the night before our pckg starts... think we'll keep our room??

Dsnygirl
02-09-2011, 03:28 PM
So, we've never done this before... free dining starts in August on Friday the 19th, and we're arriving the evening before on a "room only" ressie for that night. Our package starts the next day, with the free dining, for 10 nights.

We're staying at CBR -- what are the odds of us being able to keep our room and not have to move Friday morning? I know we'll have to check out and check back in before heading to the parks, but I'm seriously hoping they can keep us in our room and not have to move us.

Any experience with this??

paragon
02-09-2011, 03:51 PM
On our last trip ( Oct-Nov 2010) DW and I along with our friends stayed for a week, and we actually had to make two separate (actually four ) reservations. We were at POP. When we checked in we asked about having to change rooms, and they said we wouldn't have to, we would just need to go to the desk, and check out & in again. We did, We didn't have to move. I'm not sure if this is standard, or we just got lucky though.

FriendsofMickey
02-09-2011, 03:52 PM
I think your chances are good. We have had this type of situation a couple of times and both times we were able to stay in the same room.
Just asked them to note in on your first ressie and make sure you mention it when you check in the first day.

Have fun! :mickey:

kakn7294
02-09-2011, 05:19 PM
We went in Dec 2006 and had decided to add a night after the initial package was already booked. The travel agent was unable to add a night to our package so she added just a single, room-only night but she added it at the wrong resort for all 4 parties going. By the time I realized her mistake (which was when I picked up our packets), we could not switch and add the night at the correct resort. The staff at POFQ was wonderful though and a manager somehow made the switch in the system and we were able to keep our rooms for that final night.

LuvAllPrincesses
02-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Been there, done that, November 2009. We used a PIN for free dining but the first two nights were out of the PIN dates so we did a separate ressie room-only for 2 nights but my travel agent (mother) was able to somehow link the reservations. We actually were able to start using the dining credits when we checked in, although I think the total number of credits was only for the 8 nights instead of the the 10 total nights we stayed. We did NOT have to do any sort of checking out/checking in at the desk from one ressie to the other. So it definitely can be done, you must just need to speak to the right travel agent or CM if you booked straight through Disney.

TammiMcMan
02-09-2011, 08:07 PM
There is always a chance you'll have to change rooms, but they do try to keep you where you are.

johnO
02-09-2011, 09:08 PM
We had to change rooms when we did it.

BTW, where'd you find out the free dining dates?

johnO
02-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Found some stuff on Free dining. Thanks

mickeysworld
02-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I think you have a pretty good chance at staying in your room. We have done this several times at various levels of resort and have never had to leave our room for another one. There's always a slim chance though so we usually don't unpack everything, just the essentials, that way in case we do have to relocate it's not such a big deal. Have a great time!

Tigerinvestigator
02-09-2011, 10:28 PM
We've done this several times and always been able to stay in the same room. On one occasion we were asked to check in on the change date and make sure but we still kept the same room. Always the chance you won't be able to. On a similar note a few years ago we couldn't get the same resort on a night we arrived early (AKL) so after some serious begging on the phone in Ocala we got the Beach Club for one night at the same price as AKL! On top of that when we checked in we had a water view. It was a really good experience and on a Friday so it was EMH at Epcot.:thumbsup:

candace flynn
02-10-2011, 07:27 AM
We are also doing this and staying at CBR! Hope we can also stay in the same room.

Did the same thing back in 2009 and we got to stay in the same room (also at CBR). I think when we checked in for the room only they told us we would have the same room. I'd say the chances are pretty good.

Magic Smiles
02-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Four out of our last five trips have had back to back reservations due to out length of stay. We have never had to change rooms yet. Just the check out, check in process.

Dsnygirl
02-10-2011, 09:57 AM
:thanks: Thanks for all the replies -- sounds like we have a pretty good chance of staying put. :thumbsup: We always go through MJ, so I'm sure Debbie can put that on our "room only" ressie, and I always call 2 days before we arrive anyway, as that's when they start assigning rooms, and as we like to be in Jamaica, I always call to check that we can be. So, hopefully it will all work together well! :thumbsup:

sommer
02-11-2011, 10:23 AM
We just did this also... we could've stayed in the same room, but opted to move to a room with a great location. Since we knew we were going to be moving, we just didn't un-pack much. We also go there late on our arrival date, maybe if we had gotten there earlier we would've gotten a better room on our initial night.

ransam
02-12-2011, 03:03 AM
recheck in early. you should have no problems.

Dream'nDisney
02-13-2011, 10:01 AM
This is exactly what we are doing this year on our upcoming trip. When I called to make the room only ressie, I told them about our package starting the next day, and that we'd like to keep our room. The castmember made sure the room type was the same and put a "continuous stay" notation on the room only ressie. So, hopefully we won't have to move.

brownie
02-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Pop Century took care of us on our Thanksgiving trip. Talk to the cast member at check-in and they should work with you if you don't already have the same room.

KylesMom
02-17-2011, 10:27 AM
MJ has always placed a note on our reservation (Continuous Reservation) for instances like this and we've never had to switch rooms once we've checked in. They'll know what to do! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-17-2011, 11:49 AM
We did just this thing last June at POR, we had a two night only prior to, and a night only just after our "package" free dinning stay !! We had the same room the entire time.......it was GREAT !!:mickey:

patandmikesmom
02-17-2011, 06:54 PM
We have the same situation! We are also arriving the same day as you at CBR. When I called I made two ressies I was told I just have to go to the front desk and check out/check in. Had the same situation last year and was able to keep the same room. And also used Debbie from MJ! She is the best!!!