PDA

View Full Version : Bring bikes?

pamelaprincessP
02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
We're planning a trip in May and will stay at POP Century. Are there places to ride bikes from the POP Century? Is it worth it?:)

ransam
02-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Great question
it be cool if they actually had bikes you could rent. Not sure if that would be logical w/ the insurance in case someone got hurt, but it be fun.

kakn7294
02-09-2011, 04:58 PM
There are no sidewalks / paths to ride to locations outside of Pop Century. Logistically, you could ride around the sidewalks and parking lots of the resort itself but I don't know if they allow it. You'd probably have to check with the resort itself.

faline
02-09-2011, 05:34 PM
If you were staying at Fort Wilderness, I'd certainly recommend you bring your bikes but don't think there's a place for this activity where you're staying.

brownie
02-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I remember reading somewhere you can't ride a bicycle on any of the roads on resort property. You might be able to ride them around the resort, but it's not worth it in my opinion if it's even allowed.

Leave the bikes at home. If you really have a need to ride, you can rent surrey bikes at some of the resorts.

TheRustyScupper
02-10-2011, 01:59 AM
I remember reading somewhere you can't ride a bicycle on any of the roads on resort property.

1) Legally, bikes are vehicles.
2) You cannot ride on resort walkways.
. . . too many pedestrians
. . . usually not wide enough for bikes and walkers
3) There are no prohibitions for WDW roads.
. . . they must follow state vehicle laws
. . . they must be properly safety equipped
4) However, I would not do it.
. . . too many speeders
. . . too many tourists looking for signs, not bikes
. . . too much traffic

LVT
02-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I think most resorts are no bikes or rollerblades.
I was disappointed, but there are not that many sidewalks at resorts.

Mousemates
02-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I would leave my bikes at home at the PoP...there is really no place to safely ride.

big blue and hairy
02-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Well, since you are thinking of bringing bikes, you are obviously driving, so why not bring them. Just drive over to the WIlderness Lodge or Ft Wilderness and ride them there! There is lots of great scenery over there.

As for riding them at Pop, bad idea, taking them somewhere else on property, why not?

:sulley:

pamelaprincessP
02-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks for all the information. Though we probably will leave the bikes at home. Maybe in the future if we stay in Ft. Wilderness. Thanks again for all of the good info.