PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Restaurant reviews?

TheVBs
02-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Looking through our dining options we noticed the Plaza Restaurant in MK. Weirdly, neither of us have any memory of reading about this restaurant before or seeing it in the park! I'm assuming it's not new. Noticed that it has a pretty basic menu, but having never been there before, we're thinking about trying it. Can anyone tell me about any recent experiences there? Thanks! :mickey:

ginny57
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Its been a few years since I ate there....can't even remember what I ate:unsure:! However, I do remember enjoying the place and would not hesitate to go again.

disneymom15
02-09-2011, 11:12 AM
We really like this place. Its right next to the ice cream shop. We started eating there about 5 trips ago. They pretty much just have soups, salad and sandwiches. Sandwiches run about $13 or so. They also have homemade potato chips that are really good. I highly recommend this place.

antnyh
02-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Love it, we go every trip! You must get a milkshake from there 'cause they are great.

Dragongirlx
02-09-2011, 11:31 AM
It's a really small restuarant that does lovely burgers but the best thing seems to be the desserts and milkshakes. We were there last year and it was nice but a bit crowded. The service was really good though.

snowflakegirl
02-09-2011, 11:54 AM
We ate there in August 08. The service was very good and the quality of the food was good, too. Because of the basicness of the menu, if you're on the dining plan, I wouldn't use a table service credit for this meal, it's just not a great value for your "dollar" so to speak. However if you're looking for decently tasty food served to you, this is a good place to go and not spend a huge amount of time. I had the chicken strawberry salad and I loved it. Other items had were the cheeseburger, the rueben, and the vegetarian sandwhich...everyone enjoyed what they ordered. They also have a brownie sundae that my sister ordered that was tasty and absolutely HUGE.

KAT1811
02-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Because of the basicness of the menu, if you're on the dining plan, I wouldn't use a table service credit for this meal, it's just not a great value for your "dollar" so to speak.

:ditto:

We really enjoyed it but it isn't anything we have to go to every trip. It is a very nice change of pace from a QS restaurant but not as nice as a TS. I hope that makes sense. I would go back for a break from the madness of the parks.

iloveokw
02-10-2011, 05:26 PM
We really enjoy it. I wouldn't use a TS unless you have meals to burn. We don't do the dining plan and would much rather sit down and be waited on for a few dollars more than at a counter service. We never have room for dessert after our entrees. :(

ElenitaB
02-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I agree that it's best to visit The Plaza and pay OOP. But do go! We've been twice and look forward to going again (and again and again). It's very pretty and since it's small, there's not a lot of noise. The burgers are very good (according to my DS). I like to visit The Plaza towards the end of our vacation, when I'm just about "up to there" with rich food and large meals. I'm kinda of partial to their kids' meal that comes with tomato soup (it's really, really good), a grilled cheese sandwich and a scoop of ice cream with Oreo Mickey ears!

If you have any vegetarians or vegans in your party, their veg sandwich is quite good as is their veggie burger. :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
02-10-2011, 11:01 PM
It's a small restaurant on the corner of Main Street on the Tomorrowland side near the hub. I absolutely LOVE this place! :cloud9: Never had a bad meal there. My fav thing to do is have a Strawberry Chicken Salad with an Ice Cream sundae for dessert. So yummy! They also have burgers, sandwhiches, and chicken dishes.

Sylvia
02-10-2011, 11:58 PM
We loved going to the Crystal Palace while it was still a Buffeteria. When it became a character meal restaurant, we switched to the Plaza. It's been a favorite ever since. On my last trip, I was solo, and sat at a table with a view of the Castle. It was great!!! And the food was great also.:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
02-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Our Ratings of Plaza Restuarant:
. . . food price value: B-
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The eatery is mainly a salad and sandwich shop,
and not what most would consider a sit-down restaurant. As
a sandwich shop, it is well above average. As a sit-down
eatery, it is far below average.

LudwigVonDrake
02-11-2011, 06:15 AM
I go to the Plaza every trip and really enjoy it :mickey:

Melanie
02-11-2011, 06:22 AM
I have never eaten at the Plaza, and funny thing is I'm meeting a longtime INTERCOTee there this evening for dinner. Anxious to try it for the first time! :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
02-11-2011, 08:32 AM
It is a nice cool place to go for a simple meal. We have been a few times (and I remember going with my Mom back in the day because of how simple the food was), and we always enjoy the food/experience.

I have nut allergies, and the chef has always come out to talk to me, and to make me a bit of a "special order" sandwich. It's a very nice way to spend some time at MK. :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
02-11-2011, 05:37 PM
We have eaten there a few times. It's nothing fancy; but the food is always good. I would not hesitate to go there.

Pop Centurion
02-12-2011, 01:48 AM
I totally agree with TheRustyScupper's review. Also as mentioned, this isn't a good option if on the DDP.

We ate there in '05 & haven't been back since. Our main reason was because we don't eat red meat or pork so the already limited menu left us with even less to choose from. From what I do remember, the food was okay but nothing to brag about.

TheVBs
02-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Thank you so much for all the reviews!! :mickey: This one will definitely be going on our list. We're getting the QS DDP free, so we're paying out of pocket for any sit down meals, which works perfect for us.

I just don't know how we managed to overlook it on previous trips. It sounds like the perfect in-between QS/TS experience. There are times when we're not looking for the full sit-down experience and choices, but would be happy with something simple to eat and have it brought to our table.

PETE FROM NYC
02-12-2011, 05:22 PM
DW and I ate there once last September. We had an ADR for around 5 PM.
The food was decent. Our server had some type of accent that made it hard to understand her, but I guess she did her job OK.
About the only down side thing I can say is that it is in cramped quarters.
Would we go back ? Probably.

ElenitaB
02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Anxious to try it for the first time! :thumbsup:
I know that your company was first rate :cloud9: ... but how did you like The Plaza? Last time we were there your younger dining companion was named the Jr. Mayor of Main Street! :thumbsup: