PDA

View Full Version : First time cruising questions

luvkatiebug
02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Only 102 more days until our first Disney Cruise on the Dream and we are very excited, but I have a couple of questions:

1) what is the dress code for dinner? Does my husband have to have a jacket? Are casual sun dresses good for me?

2) How do we decide about making a reservation at Palo when I don't want to miss eating at one of the rotating restaurants? I'd hate to book Palo one night and then miss our night at Animator's palate.

3) Do we have to make reservations for the stage shows, or do you just show up at the theater at the time you want to go?

Thanks so much!:mickey:

deedeenmickey
02-09-2011, 07:28 AM
We are going on our first cruise April 3rd on the Dream. I can tell you that the first day that you can make ressies for Palo you need to do that at one minute after MIDNIGHT the day before. Disney has this really STUPID policy that if you haven't cruised before you have to be the last to make ressies. I tried to make ours the afternoon of the first day we able to and EVERYTHING was gone at Palos and Remys. Not even tea was available. As far as the dress code Palos and Remys are dress up resturants. The others just says no tank tops and shorts.

LorrieP
02-09-2011, 07:47 AM
We're going to be on the same cruise!! What I have seen is not shorts or tank tops as well.

johnO
02-09-2011, 08:40 AM
OK, dress code. For dinner, no shorts and t-shirts. Polo shirt and khaki trousers would be fine for the main dining rooms. Not so for Palo, youve got to have a jacket there.

We really enjoyed getting dressed up for formal nights. I brought two suits with me on our last cruise which was a seven nighter.

Some people dont get too dressed up on formal nights but many do go all out. We do.

You dont have to make ressies for the shows

As far as Palo, if youre doing a three night cruise, you'll have to decide if it's worth missing a night in one of the main dining rooms. I think its worth it. Maybe if you call DCL you can find out your rotation to determine what night you might like to do Palo

Imalismom
02-09-2011, 09:56 PM
RE: Palos/Spa/Remy's/Excursions

If you called/logged in prior to your cruise and cannot get into what you want when you want.

Here is a hint: The MINUTE you get on the ship, you can make reservations then also. I have found that there is ALWAYS sometime available.

Granted some excursions may indeed be full, but usually there is openings once on board.

iloveokw
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM
My hubbie is not a jacket kind of guy, especially on cruises shorter than 7 nights. Except for Palo. If you are doing a three night cruise I wouldn't mess with Palo, just do the rotational dining. Next time do Palo. The Dream does have a new policy on show times....you get your showtime assigned along with your dinner seating time. You can try for a Palo ressie after you board and know your rotation....if you have longer cruise we prefer brunch. You can eat lunch in the dining rooms - but not the same experience.

luvkatiebug
02-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks for all of the information. I have one more question. A couple of you suggested waiting until we board to possibly make our Palo reservation. When we get on the ship will we receive our exact schedule of restaurants for all 4 nights? Thanks again.:mickey:

johnO
02-11-2011, 01:57 AM
You'll receive your dinner rotation either at check in or when you get to your stateroom. I really cant remember which..

But then you can always call Palo too. I did that one time. I just called Palo from the stateroom, asked if they could get us a table on a particular night and they did.