PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller or 2 Single??

wdwjenn
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
My children will be 5 1/2, 22 months and 6 months for our May trip. For those of you with experience should we bring a double stroller for the two little ones or two single? I have a Peg Pereggo Aria side by side double stroller I was planning on bringing but hubby says maybe two single strollers would be better.
I thought having to keep track of two strollers and three children would be a lot of work!!! With one double we only neeed one set of hands to fold it up and hold it on the busses. Also what if one adult wants to take the litttle ones back for naps while the others stay in the parks (grandparnets will be with us on the trip).

Thanks for the help :mickey:!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovinmesomedisney
02-08-2011, 09:28 PM
I would bring two for the reason of getting around. When there are huge crowds moving all at the same time, I would rather not have to try to maneuver around a double stroller. I saw people getting them caught in the trolley tracks, and having a lot of difficulty moving in crowds in general. Sometimes you have a narrow path, at least with a single stroller you could follow behind each other. Just a thought!

magicjasb
02-08-2011, 09:58 PM
We have done both and find good and bad about each. I agree with the previous poster and the size of the double stroller. It is also harder to fold up on the bus sometimes with a crowd. Two singles are good, but two people need to manuever them which can be difficult unless you are separating and then it is great to have the two. On our last trip, we purchased a double sit and stand stroller which ended up being the perfect solution for my 1, 3, and 5 year olds. The two little ones fit very comfortably in it and the 5 year old could stand, if needed, also. This was great especially at night during large crowds leaving the park, or during times like parades. The little one was in front, the three year old sat and the 5 year old was able to stand. The stroller was heavy to push up hill, but it was great to not worry about losing anyone. My 5 year old was not in it all day, but we loved having it when he did stand in it. It also folded up very quickly. Have fun.:mickey:

megustamex
02-09-2011, 12:33 AM
I can't speak to the bus situation because we always rent a car - we just find that to be so much easier with kids. However, we have debated the double/single and always took the double. The main reason was that if my husband had to go somewhere else (a shop, to get food in line, to the bathroom, or to do a rider swap ride) I could handle the 2 kids by myself. There is no way to push two strollers by yourself. I never had any problem at all getting through crowds, but we tend to try and go in the less crowded times (as May will be for you).

By the way, we also have the PP Aria Double and LOVE it; it is great for Disney. So comfortable for the kids to nap in when necessary, and so lightweight. We found that if you add one of those big double stroller bags with the multiple pockets across the front they are great for holding all your water bottles in the park!

kakn7294
02-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Some things to think about to help you decide:

1 - How often do you plan to separate so that only 1 adult would need to deal with 2 strollers?

2 - Are there times when you won't need both strollers (someone carries the infant in a carrier) and could leave one behind?

3 - How much stuff will you carry with you and which will provide the better storage options?

4 - What is going to be the easiest to handle both in terms of maneuvering in crowds and folding for on buses, in the room, and traveling to/from WDW?

5 - Does either option allow for the 5 1/2 yo to ride in place of one of the smaller children if he/she desires?

NY GOOFY
02-09-2011, 10:34 AM
I definitely recommend the double stroller. My DW and I often separate. I may run off to get fastpasses, get on line for food, you make take the 5 yr old on a ride the babies can't go on, bathroom run, shopping in a store. All of these cases you would be stuck trying to maneuver 2 single strollers. We have always used the double and find getting through the crowds is really not that big of a deal. Enjoy your trip:mickey:

mickey_M_lvr
02-09-2011, 12:04 PM
I am gonna go with C) All of the above. I know this sounds strange but...When we went the last time our son was 5 1/2. All I can say is thank the Lord above for the stroller. We all know that it is a ton of walking and to think that a 5y/o will be able to keep up is really dreaming. Goodness...some adults can't keep up with all the walking. We also noticed the more we let him walk...the more meltdowns he had. Just too tired, over stimulated, and hot. So I will be honest and say bring both the double and the single and call it good. :thumbsup:

floridamom
02-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I think a lot of people have offered good advice here. One more idea: if you have two identical single strollers, you can purchase stroller connectors that snap on and off, allowing you complete flexibility depending on the situation. :mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
02-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Our next trip we will have a 6 and 4 year old and a 15 month. We will have a double and a single, and I could not consider anything less... those walks too and from the busses or Epcot itself, end of the night, you name it... They all need a seat. As for the busses, we have learned that husband stans in the back of the bus with the stroller ( near the rear door when possible) and I handle the kids and the bag) and when getting off the bus, we jsut do the best we can, and ask for help if we need it... most are more than happy to help.

momof3+twins
02-14-2011, 10:23 AM
We have been there...I would do two so you can separate the kids. One can go with mom, one with dad. They are easier on the bus and moving through the gift shops. Plus a 5 1/2 year tends to be bigger and could weigh down that stroller a bit!