PDA

View Full Version : AKL vs. BLT

AntMagsMom
02-07-2011, 10:45 PM
I got a room rate PIN code and have finally convinced my parents to join us in December. I reeeaaallllyyy want to say at Bay Lake. We need a 2 br villa because we also have two kids. So, here's the deal, I called today and no BLT. I was able to book a AK 2 br at Kidani and was told that if I basically keep calling back to check I can luck out and switch my ressie to BLT. Anyone think my chances are good for this between now and September?

Also, if not, convince me I'll be okay at Kidani LOL. We stayed at Jambo last year in a regular bunk room in February and I wasn't too impressed but unfortunately we need the arrangment of the 2 br with my parents and kids. They have the extra sleeper chair at only BLT and AKL so my kids (14 DS and 7 DD ) don't have to share a pull out...makes for grumpy kids. :(

WRWDisney
02-08-2011, 09:54 AM
We love AKL. The location gives a nice separation from the parks at the end of the day, and it is the most completely themed IMO. The staff really goes above and beyond, and the pools and restaurant choices are awesome:thumbsup:

We stayed at BLT this past June and really enjoyed it as well, but mostly for the unique experience and location, rather than for the resort itself.

On a side note, they have now installed sleeper chairs in the renovated OKW rooms as well (and they should all be done by December), so that would be another option for you.

No matter what, I think you cannot loose with the choices you have.

AntMagsMom
02-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the input!

I'm happy to say though that I called today and was able to switch over. I had to use the online deal which wasn't as great as my PIN, I had to end up paying full price for the last night but for us it was worth it. I really love the location of BLT and my kids are dying to try the slide!

WRWDisney
02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Glad you got what you want.. That is always one of the most important parts of enjoying your vacation :mickey: