PDA

View Full Version : Marathon, Newbies and more days 5 and 6

wilcat
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Cast of Characters:
ME: Lover of everything Disney
BIL's: Larry and Jim (Goofy Challenge Runners)
SIL's: Barb and Tracy
DN: Maria
DN: Larry, Joel and Doug
Newbies: Dave, Daryl, Carolyn and Kevin
Special visit with friends from West Palm Beach: Dave, Lynn and Genevieve

When: Friday January 7 thru Saturday January 15

Stayed off site in three differernt resorts (not my choice)

Day 5 saw us saying goodbye to the Newbies. Their flight left at 2 pm so I gave them directions to DTD where they spent the morning and after a long layover (weather related) they arrived back home around 11 PM. The remainder of us headed to DHS. First up was TOT and RNRC. The morning was cool so coffee and hot chocolate were on the menu for us first. We next did the Great Movie Ride then headed over to Sci Fi Dine In. Were were able to get in with out ADR's but it was very early around 11:30 AM and we beat the crowds in. Food and atmosphere were great. This is a must do for us from now on. Went to the back stage tour (too cold for the beginning show) then on to Lights, Motor Action show. Everyone enjoyed it then it was back to TOT for a few more rides for the kids. We left and had dinner at Maccaronni Grill on 192. Good food and a great waiter made for a wonderful way to fininsh the day.

Next up was AK. Entered and went directly to EE and KS. Both were enjoyed by all. Walked one of the trails then headed for FOLK. What a wonderful show. We never miss it. Lunch was at Yak n Yeti and Flame Tree. Sat by the river and had a relaxing meal. EE was ridden a few more times then a quick ride on Dinosaur then we headed out as everyone was exhausted. Went back to the resorts to rest up for the rest of the week.

faline
02-08-2011, 09:35 AM
More park fun! SciFi is always such a fun place to dine!

pdrlkr
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
What a shame that your new Disney recruits had to depart. I bet they were thinking the same thing!

Another couple of great days - you really made the most of your time at both DHS and AK. Isn't Sci-Fi a fun place?! :mickey: