PDA

View Full Version : Marathon, Newbies and more days 3 and 4

wilcat
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Cast of Characters:
ME: Lover of everything Disney
BIL's: Larry and Jim (Goofy Challenge Runners)
SIL's: Barb and Tracy
DN: Maria
DN: Larry, Joel and Doug
Newbies: Dave, Daryl, Carolyn and Kevin
Special visit with friends from West Palm Beach: Dave, Lynn and Genevieve

When: Friday January 7 thru Saturday January 15

Stayed off site in three differernt resorts (not my choice)

Jim, Larry and Larry ran the full marathon today. All did great but stayed back at the resort to rest up. The rest of the crew headed to MK. Happily I can say that the newbie crew fell in love with WDW and I look for them to make a trip of their own soon.

Took it kind of slow. The park was crowded and I knew they would not get to see everything so just hit up some highlights. SM was a hit then we did IASW, HM, BTMRR (2x), Pirates and another spin on HM. Everyone had a great time and the newbies were just in awe of Wishes. Tink flew and they were beside themselves with excitement. Headed back to the resorts to rest up for another day of fun at Epcot.

Everyone met up at Epcot and we said goodbye to the friends from WPB. They headed home around 2pm. Highlights were SE, Sorin, MS and TT. They got to ride everything 2x as this park was not as crowded as MK was yesterday. Once again everyone had a great time and the newbies were once again awed with Illuminations. They can't decide which fireworks show they like best as they like both equally well.

Weather was a little warmer today and everyone had a great time. Back to the resorts to get ready for DHS tomorrow.

faline
02-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Glad to hear the new visitors are enjoying the parks!

pdrlkr
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
02-16-2011, 01:26 PM
I bet you had a great time, being a lover of all things Disney, showing the newbies your favorites. Glad the crowds were lighter at Epcot than MK the day before! :mickey: