PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland construction right now

Disdaddy
02-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Is there a lot of construction going on in FL right now. What attractions aren't operating.

Are Mickey and Minnie's houses gone yet?

faline
02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
MIckey's and Minnie's house are scheduled to close on Friday as is that whole area.

Disdaddy
02-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks. I have a friend with a 3 yr old going next week. They will be dissappointed.

WDWfanatic742
02-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Everything else is up and running for the time being. They haven't released the dates for the closing of Snow White and Dumbo yet, but it shouldn't be for awhile...

Disdaddy
02-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks.

Are they moving the original dumbo where toon town is and adding another dumbo there? Or are they building a new dumbo beside the original?

angel2931
02-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks. I have a friend with a 3 yr old going next week. They will be dissappointed.

We will be there next week as well and my 2.5 yo DS would have loved this. Im bummed :(

WDWfanatic742
02-07-2011, 06:38 PM
The dumbo's won't be where they are now. I've heard it both ways, that they would build a new Dumbo in the new location, open that and close the current Dumbo, and then move that to the new location. I've also heard that there will be two new Dumbo's installed in the new location. So if they plan this right, there should always be a Dumbo open either way...

DNS
02-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Will Fantasyland and Toontown be one big land now?

RBrooksC
02-10-2011, 01:39 PM
It gives me a chuckle when people say a three year old will be "disappointed" because something is closed at WDW. From their perspective any disappointment is fleeting. There will be something else to draw away their attention. And, if one does things correctly, the items that may be closed won't be even be mentioned so the child will not miss them.

No child is going to really miss WDW Toontown. It wasn't that great of a land.

WDWfanatic742
02-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Will Fantasyland and Toontown be one big land now?

Essentially yes, they will both in under the banner of Fantasyland. However Storybook Circus will be a mini land, like Adventureland has two areas (Arabian Village and Caribbean Plaza)

johnO
02-10-2011, 04:07 PM
With the reimagineered plans for Fantasyland, it looks like theyre keeping the big tents over in Toontown. I wonder if they'll keep Mickey and Minnie's houses over there. The updated plans are somewhat vague though.

PopPhan
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
With the reimagineered plans for Fantasyland, it looks like theyre keeping the big tents over in Toontown. I wonder if they'll keep Mickey and Minnie's houses over there. The updated plans are somewhat vague though.

The tents will be part of "Circusland" that will encompass the area where the dual-Dumbo will be. I believe they will be part of the new Dumbo queue.

Mickey & Minnie's houses are definitely to be gone.

johnO
02-10-2011, 05:18 PM
yeah, Cant see them in the drawings found online

DNS
02-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Essentially yes, they will both in under the banner of Fantasyland. However Storybook Circus will be a mini land, like Adventureland has two areas (Arabian Village and Caribbean Plaza)

Where can I get detailed information on all of this? We noticed when we were there last May that walls were going up. I knew there were big changes, but not really any details.

Momto3littlemice
02-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Can anyone comment as to the look of Fantasyland as a whole currently? Did you feel that the construction took away from your fun/magical appearance? We are headed down in 3 weeks and I want to mentally prepare myself for it to look different than it has for the past 30 years I've been going! :mickey:

Disdaddy
02-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Does anyone know if they are destroying the houses or just moving them to another location. Somewhere in downtown disney would be cool.

WDWfanatic742
02-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Can anyone comment as to the look of Fantasyland as a whole currently? Did you feel that the construction took away from your fun/magical appearance? We are headed down in 3 weeks and I want to mentally prepare myself for it to look different than it has for the past 30 years I've been going! :mickey:

Right now it shouldn't be too distracting as you shouldn't be able to see much unless you go on Dumbo. Toontown closes tomorrow, so there could be alot more construction starting soon in the area...

Does anyone know if they are destroying the houses or just moving them to another location. Somewhere in downtown disney would be cool.

Like others have said, there are no public plans for either of the houses to be relocated and they definitely won't be in the new Fantasyland...

ransam
02-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Just wondering. With all the expansion going on, does it make MK dusty, look bad?

I am taking my nephew soon, and i want him to have all the magic....not sure if it will look trashed when we get there.

Disney Doll
02-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Construction is all hidden by temporary walls. You can see cranes sticking up over the top, but you really can't see anything else.