PDA

View Full Version : WDW & Cruise, but not on a land/sea package questions

Disney_Barbie
02-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Ok I have a few questions on the transportation details of a trip if you are NOT booking a land/sea package, but are doing back to back a stay in a disney resort followed directly by a disney cruise. We'd already have our WDW trip booked (staying on DVC points) but are considering finishing it off w/a 4nt cruise.
So how would transportation work for this? Can we take the disney cruise bussing from our resort (BCV) to port canaveral... or can you only take this bus if you book land & sea package??? (we wouldn't mind paying a fee for the bus either, but if there is one anyone know the pricing)
And secondly, I know this is a silly thing to care about, but I TOTALLY adore how magic express takes care of all your luggage for you (so we're not lugging it thru MCO) and prints boarding passes/ect. Is there anything similar to this when coming from a disney cruise & heading off to your flight, or have they not done anything like that yet?

LorrieP
02-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Disney doesn't do the Land/Sea packages anymore. We are going to WDW in May followed by a four night cruise. I booked through Magical Journeys. We are taking ME from MCO to POR and then are supposed to take DCL transportation from POR to Port Canaveral and then back to the airport. The cost for DCL transportation was $140.

I'm still a bit confused about this. I have sent my MJ agent our flight details for ME and am assuming she will relay the homecoming flight info to DCL transportation. I'm sure it will work out.

Tink1
02-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Disney doesn't do the Land/Sea packages anymore. We are going to WDW in May followed by a four night cruise. I booked through Magical Journeys. We are taking ME from MCO to POR and then are supposed to take DCL transportation from POR to Port Canaveral and then back to the airport. The cost for DCL transportation was $140.

I'm still a bit confused about this. I have sent my MJ agent our flight details for ME and am assuming she will relay the homecoming flight info to DCL transportation. I'm sure it will work out.

Yes, we will give the flight info for the outbound flight to DCL.

For a party of 2, the cheapest option is the DCL bus. It is also the most convenient option, especially for those sailing the Dream (lots more people checking in)

DCL bus will pick up at the Disney resorts and deliver you to the pier. The luggage is taken care of, you do not have to haul it curbside.

When the cruise is over, you claim your luggage to go through customs and a DCL rep will direct you to the appropriate bus. It is really easy.

Nanc

Trev&Ev Mom
02-07-2011, 06:14 PM
We just did WDW/cruise/WDW in November and used Disney transportation the whole way and it was SEAMLESS!

DME picked us up at the airport and took us to All Star Sports. When we were ready to go on the cruise, the DCL bus picked us up with our luggage (it was tagged and went under the bus) and took us to the port. We got off the bus, checked in and our luggage "magically" appeared outside our cabin an hour or so after sailing. Going home, we packed our luggage the night before (they take it about 10:30pm the night before debarking). The next morning, we got off the ship-a porter was waiting for each family to assist, claimed our luggage and went through customs. Outside, a DCL bus rep was waiting to direct us to a bus back to All Star Sports. We put our luggage back under the bus - back to hotel. When it was time to leave to go back home...DME picked us up and took us to MCO. EASY, EASY, EASY!!