PDA

View Full Version : The show on the castle....

lovinmesomedisney
02-07-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm not sure of the name of it, but the show they do on the castle, using it as a screen, was quite impressive, in my opinion. Somehow, I missed that even existing, and I was in a shop when I heard the music begin. By the time I was able to pay for my merchandise and get out, it was almost over. We went back the next night, and it was a very entertaining show. The way they made the castle appear as a rocket ship, and also when it appeared to be burning. The whole show was very good. I haven't seen much about it on here, and I was just wondering what others opinions were.

DizneyRox
02-07-2011, 10:09 AM
There were a few posts...

I think, while it does seem to look impressive, the "technology" I don't think is all that impressive. They have been doing that in a smaller scale at the haunted mansion for as long as I can remember. I have something like that at home I do for Halloween (project images onto a screen for passerbys).

I think it's a cheap way of entertaining folks for a few minutes. They needed to find some way of getting the memories part of the current celebration front and center, and this is a good way to do that.

lovinmesomedisney
02-07-2011, 10:11 AM
I have a home projection also, but it sure doesn't pale in comparison. Everyone around us seemed to really enjoy it. Lots of ooohs and aaahs from the crowd. I guess everyone will have to see it and form their opinions. We certainly enjoyed it.

DizneyRox
02-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Absolutely not in the same league as home projections, etc. But I don't think they are pushing the envelope anymore in tems of pioneering entertainment. That's all I'm trying to say...

cajunprincess
02-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I though it was AWESOME! I was totally amazed. Loved it!

Just-Keep-Swimming
02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
i haven't seen it in person yet :( but i did watch a video of it. I thought it looked pretty cool! i cant wait it see it in person! while the technology isnt new, Disney has definitely added its personal touch of imagination.

Not all attractions have to be new and inventive to be enjoyable and popular. Rides like Peter Pan's Flight are still extremely popular!

As long as its creative, imaginative, and fun, im there!:D But people enjoy different things... so to each his own.

Poor Disney trying to please so many... There is always going to be someone unhappy.

Gator
02-07-2011, 11:12 PM
I think it's a cheap way of entertaining folks for a few minutes.

:confused: So I take it you didn't like the show. What exactly would it take for you to like something, because I saw it 3 times last week and thought it was one of the most incredible thing I've ever seen. Honestly, when it was done, Wishes didn't seem quite so moving as it has in the past.

As Stacy on WDW TV would say, it's a "must do".

Ed
02-08-2011, 12:04 AM
There's a rather good video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JUgeE1skTE)of the "Magic Memories and You" show on YouTube.

Looks pretty amazing to me.

Melanie
02-08-2011, 06:04 AM

It is! I was blown away. I talk a bit about it towards the end of our last podcast.

DizneyRox
02-08-2011, 08:27 AM
:confused: So I take it you didn't like the show.
I don't think I said that...

lovinmesomedisney
02-08-2011, 09:36 AM
:confused: So I take it you didn't like the show. What exactly would it take for you to like something, because I saw it 3 times last week and thought it was one of the most incredible thing I've ever seen. Honestly, when it was done, Wishes didn't seem quite so moving as it has in the past.

As Stacy on WDW TV would say, it's a "must do".

I remember some of your posts and you were down there the same time as us. Great weather!!! I hope you and your family had as much fun as we did. I really enjoyed going in February, and think it may have to be a new tradition. :mickey: I agree with you, that show was pretty incredible!

hokies4life
02-08-2011, 12:19 PM
This hasn't replaced Wishes though, right? This was just added before Wishes starts? I hadn't been able to figure that part out yet, since I haven't been there in person yet.

TinkerbellT421
02-08-2011, 01:04 PM
This hasn't replaced Wishes though, right? This was just added before Wishes starts? I hadn't been able to figure that part out yet, since I haven't been there in person yet.

Correct! It starts about 15 minutes I believe before wishes. Atleast it felt that waqy lol I dont really pay much attention to clocks in Disney! But if I had to guess it was about 15 minutes or so before wishes. And it has not replaced wishes :) I cried watching Wishes as I always do....lol I dont know why but I always do.

ransam
02-08-2011, 01:11 PM
i really can't wait to see it in September.

Melanie
02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Correct! It starts about 15 minutes I believe before wishes. Atleast it felt that waqy lol I dont really pay much attention to clocks in Disney! But if I had to guess it was about 15 minutes or so before wishes.

This is correct. It starts 15 minutes prior to Wishes, and lasts 10 minutes. So you have a short 5 minute wait from when The Magic, The Memories & You ends and Wishes begins. It's a perfect buffer between the two.

02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
The Magic, The Memories & You show starts at 7:43 with Wishes at 8:00 (right now). Best viewing is from a "straight on" view of the Castle. It can be seen from the side areas but not nearly as well.

Try to make sure you are somewhere between the north end of the buildings (Plaza area) and the Castle Hub area. From the buildings south, it is a lot more difficult to see. The images are softer the farther back you are.

After the ELP, guests are allowed into the street and the Hub for viewing. Exit walkways for guests leaving the park are on the east and west sidewalks, with a crosswalk at the south side of the Hub and a crosswalk at Plaza (Casey's / Ice Cream). This configuration seems to be working the best and will likely be kept, at least for the foreseeable future.

lovinmesomedisney
02-08-2011, 09:23 PM
We sat directly in front of the castle, on the concrete seats around the statue of Walt and Mickey. It is a GREAT view. We got there about an hour and a half early though. I really wanted to see it up close, because the night before, we were on Main Street closer to the train station and we didn't get the full effect. If you sit up close though, it is fabulous!

Genie1953
02-09-2011, 12:17 AM
There's a rather good video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JUgeE1skTE)of the "Magic Memories and You" show on YouTube.

Ed....THANK YOU so very much for posting that link. That was absolutely wonderful to watch! How long have they been doing that show and how much longer does everyone think they will continue with it?

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Ed....THANK YOU so very much for posting that link. That was absolutely wonderful to watch! How long have they been doing that show and how much longer does everyone think they will continue with it?

Well the Magic, Memories and You (This "year" is year of Memories") usually they keep the theme for the year and longer. The last theme was Year of a Million Dreams and that last what two years? Maybe three? My memory isnt confirming that. But it will be there ATLEAST throughout the year, and more than likely next, they seem to change "themes" every two to three years.

02-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Been doing it for 3 weeks now. How long .... who knows?? At least through 2011.

PETE FROM NYC
02-09-2011, 05:33 PM
I would like to know when this started, and if it will still be around for our next trip 9/12.
Simply amazing!!!

Melanie
02-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I would like to know when this started, and if it will still be around for our next trip 9/12.
Simply amazing!!!

As stated earlier, it started around the 3rd week of January and is part of the Let the Memories Begin campaign, which is the 'theme' for this year. It should be around the entire year and probably then some.