PDA

View Full Version : best boardwalk resort for four adults

kstexasmom
02-06-2011, 09:41 PM
My DD's,myself and their Fave Aunt will be celebrating a 21st bday in September. We want to spend most of our long weekend in the parks so think BW area is great. Is there a fave resort for access to parks and away from little people? Also, do any of the resorts in that area have a food court? We usually stay at AK or PO but want a change. Does Disney cater to G-free diet?

Checkers
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
:mickey:My DH & I have stayed at all of the Epcot area resorts and love them all. The easy access to Epcot & DHS is great. The Yacht Club & the Beach Club have the Marketplace which I don't know if it is considered a food court but does serve breakfast food and sandwiches. The Boardwalk Inn does not have a food court but you can get breakfast food at the Boardwalk Bakery and the Bellevue Lounge in the BWI does serve a continental type breakfast but other food (pizza, sandwiches, etc.) can be purchased on the boardwalk.

As far as G-free food. I don't know much about that but I recall reading somewhere that it is available. Perhaps someone else will know more.

With all that being said, our favorite is the BWI but I think the Yacht Club is the one that is the most sophisticated with fewer children although you are going to have children no matter what resort you decide on. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Have fun!

anneb
02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
The Swan and Dolphin are also in the Epcot resort area, and are great for adults. They generally have fewer children than the Disney-operated resorts, and the dining options are a bit more adult-oriented.

pamickeys
02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Yacht is your best bet

kstexasmom
02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I think we are going to go with the Beach Club or Yacht Club. I didn't know about the Marketplace area- sounds perfect for a quick breakfast. Any idea about how long of a walk to HS from Beach Club? Are the water taxis super slow? Are we better off doing the bus to the other parks? :blush:

Tigerinvestigator
02-08-2011, 09:40 AM
IMHO The Swan is probably the quietest of the Epcot resorts. It only allows 4 per room and is not quite as family friendly as the Dolphin so most of your families with kids will be at the Dolphin, or Y&B Clubs because of the pool area. My DW and I stayed at the Swan on our trip without the kids and it was very quiet with very few kids. We had a balcony with a view of the Boardwalk and waterway and it was very relaxing. The price tag and heavenly beds at the Swan/Dolphin blow away the other options....again in my humble opinion!:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-08-2011, 09:53 AM
You may want to check out the Guests with Special Needs section...I saw a thread on gluten free dining a couple of weeks ago there:mickey: