PDA

View Full Version : Need to help/Advice

LuvsTigger80
02-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi there everyone...it's been awhile since i have posted here.....with the planning stages in full gear for our 2012 vacation I have run into one little snag! Hopefully ya'll can help me to figure it out!

We are going to be renting points to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge(totally excited!!:mickey:). The problem comes to the DDP and my hubby's aunt who will only be staying with us for part of the trip! There will be a total of 7 and 6 of us will be there the whole trip. We plan on buying the DDP. But I have been made aware that everyone has to buy it for the full stay. Hubby's aunt will only be will us the first 5 days. How do I go about the DDP with her? I don't think she should have to pay the full 10 nights since she will not be there to use them. I was thinking that I could just not have her buy DDP but that doesn't seem to be an option either! Can someone please help me with this?!?! Thanks to everyone that responds!:mickey:

princessjojo
02-06-2011, 09:36 PM
We ran into that issue during one of our past trips. My sister was with us and could only stay part of the trip. Know what the cost per day was for the DDP I just had her pay for the days she was there and we paid for the remainder. Then on the days that we had left on her dining plan we used to offset those signature restaurants we wanted to eat at. We actually had 4 days she wasn't with us and that covered us completely.

LuvsTigger80
02-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the response!

I was actually thinking about doing this...but I don't know where we would use the extra credits.we would have 21 extra credits if did pay the difference. we each will have 30...we are doing some signatures(i think 3). with breakfast and dinners each day. And lunches we will do CS if we get hungry...Thank goodness i still have some time to figure it out! Thanks for such a great idea!:mickey:

LVT
02-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Good luck calculating. It might be wise to use all of her credits before she checks out. I do not know if this matters, but to be careful. Please let us know how it works out. My thought is that 2 res. would be needed.

LuvsTigger80
02-08-2011, 05:50 PM
I was thinking about 2 ressies also. But we are renting points from DVC for a 2 bedroom villa.So i'm not sure if that would work. I'm not sure if the extra credits will expire of not. Since she really isn't checking out. She's just leaving earlier than the rest of us. But it is something that I will keep in mind. Thank you so much for that extra input...:mickey:

CleveRocks
02-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Do you plan on using Disney's Magical Express to get to and from Animal Kingdom Villas and the airport?

If you are already going to be paying for transportation rather than taking DME, then I have a totally, legitimate, totally allowed, totally within the rules solution.

DON'T have your aunt on the reservation. At all. At check-in, tell the front desk clerk you will having one additional adult staying with you for 5 of the 10 nights.

If you do it this way, she doesn't need to have the same packkage as everyone else. She'll be paying out of pocket for all of her meals, but this way you avoid paying for her DDP for all those days when she won't be there.

The reason you can't take DME and do it this way is that everyone taking DME has to be on the resort reservation.

But since she'll be a registered guest as of check-in day, she'll be eligible to get a free DME bus ride back to MCO on the day she leaves. Don't make this return ride reservation in advance, wait 'til you're at the resort, but I'd still do it no fewer than 2 days before she leaves.

buzznwoodysmom
02-08-2011, 08:17 PM
If you are already going to be paying for transportation rather than taking DME, then I have a totally, legitimate, totally allowed, totally within the rules solution.

DON'T have your aunt on the reservation. At all. At check-in, tell the front desk clerk you will having one additional adult staying with you for 5 of the 10 nights.

If you do it this way, she doesn't need to have the same packkage as everyone else. She'll be paying out of pocket for all of her meals, but this way you avoid paying for her DDP for all those days when she won't be there.

This is what I was going to suggest as well. On one of our trips we didn't know if my mom would be joining us or not. When I made my reservations I asked the CM about it and was told that my mom could be added on at the resort when we were checking it. The only thing would be that she wouldn't have the dining plan since that can't be added at check in. I spoke with several different CMs about this and got the same answer each time. So if you wait to add your aunt to the room at check in she won't have the dining plan. Only thing is, she won't have it at all and have to pay OOP for all her meals. I'm just wondering how this works when renting points. Do you have to pay extra for extra adults in the room when using DVC points????? If you do have to pay extra for extra adults it could be tricky to do with rented points. I have no idea how that would work, but hopefully with the DVC points that won't be an issue.

LuvsTigger80
02-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Do you plan on using Disney's Magical Express to get to and from Animal Kingdom Villas and the airport?

The reason you can't take DME and do it this way is that everyone taking DME has to be on the resort reservation.

But since she'll be a registered guest as of check-in day, she'll be eligible to get a free DME bus ride back to MCO on the day she leaves. Don't make this return ride reservation in advance, wait 'til you're at the resort, but I'd still do it no fewer than 2 days before she leaves.

This is what I was going to suggest as well. On one of our trips we didn't know if my mom would be joining us or not. When I made my reservations I asked the CM about it and was told that my mom could be added on at the resort when we were checking it. The only thing would be that she wouldn't have the dining plan since that can't be added at check in. I spoke with several different CMs about this and got the same answer each time. So if you wait to add your aunt to the room at check in she won't have the dining plan. Only thing is, she won't have it at all and have to pay OOP for all her meals. I'm just wondering how this works when renting points. Do you have to pay extra for extra adults in the room when using DVC points????? If you do have to pay extra for extra adults it could be tricky to do with rented points. I have no idea how that would work, but hopefully with the DVC points that won't be an issue.

That is an awesome idea...and would totally work in our situation. Our Aunt lives about 6 hours away from us and would most likly fly out of a different airport. I can just have her take a taxi or set up car service for her(which would be sooo much cheaper than paying for the remainder of her dining plan). This totally gets me all excited again! And I was already gonna have her pay out of pocket for meals..since we plan on eating at V&A's while she is there. Plus I figured that they way my MIL and her eat they could maybe share a few meals. :mickey:

:rocks:

Since the room sleeps 8 or 9....wouldn't they allow that many people in the room before they start charging extra per night? I know that is how it works with values and such. The first 3 are included but you have to pay extra for that 4th person or something like that.

Thanks again to everyone for their input...it really is helping me out so much!

buzznwoodysmom
02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
:rocks:

Since the room sleeps 8 or 9....wouldn't they allow that many people in the room before they start charging extra per night? I know that is how it works with values and such. The first 3 are included but you have to pay extra for that 4th person or something like that.

Actually even at the values and moderates you are charged for the 3rd and 4th ADULT in the room. The rooms sleep up to 4, and you won't pay extra if you are a family of 2 adults and 2 children, but if you have 3 or 4 adults in the room there is a fee per extra adult (after the first 2) at all levels of resorts. DVC might be different though. I don't own DVC so I don't know how it works, but I'm thinking you'll be fine. When looking at points charts they say nothing about the number of Adults. It looks like the points are only based on dates and room type. Maybe you can contact who ever your renting points from to verify that. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

peemagg
02-10-2011, 07:17 PM
With DVC rooms there is not the extra charge per person. They are not rented like other rooms in other resorts. If a room is for 8-9 people you can have anywhere from 1-9 people in that room for the same amount of points. You can't have over that except for a baby under the age of 3 sleeping in a crib. Otherwise it don't matter.