PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decoration removal

dizneynut
02-06-2011, 09:09 AM
We (my husband, two daughters and me!) are planning a December/January trip :cloud9: and was wondering when the Christmas decorations are removed. We will not be staying on property until Dec 31st. :party: We will be visiting a few days before, but staying at my Dads home. I thought we would drive to Epcot one day from my Dads however I would also like to see the light show at Disney Hollywood Studios. Perhaps a second trip from Dads.

This is the first trip around the holidays...we are sooo excited! I would like to enjoy as much holiday events as possible.
I love planning far in advance and want to surprise my Dad by taking him to see the holiday festivities...he has never been there at that time either. (He just moved to Florida two years ago).

Thank you for any help!
Gail

Strmchsr
02-06-2011, 09:44 AM
In general, the Osborne Lights are on until Jan 3-4. Most everything begins to come down after Jan 4 or so, but some stuff is still up a week or two after New Year's. This year they were a little quicker getting it down than last year, but if you go right after New Year's Day everything will still be up. If you watch the schedule here on Intercot we will post the exact dates all of the Christmas stuff will be operating once it's released.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I was actually surprised at how much was still up, well into January. (I guess it takes a while to get everything down).

Our trip was Jan 4 - 13 this year, and it wasn't until the last day that MK was back to "normal". Otherwise, there were Christmas decorations and Christmas music. It was the same in all of the parks, each day was just a little less like Christmas.

We didn't get to see the Osborne lights though, and that would have been awesome.

dizneynut
02-06-2011, 10:39 AM
That is great news! :cloud9: I will keep my eyes on intercot for all the information! Now I feel better, we may not miss to many Holiday festivities!

Thank you!!!
Gail :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2011, 02:25 PM
DBF and I's first two trips together were in earlyish January, the last time we were there earlier in January around the second week of January? Im blanking out on the exact dates, there was still plenty of Christmas decorations including christmas music! :) But by the third week of January everything is gone. So you should be fine! :) Though the special shows like Osbourne and such are over by the 3rd or 4th of January usually.