PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions

WDW&MK
02-05-2011, 10:05 PM
I am going to throw this out to you, my fellow intercotees, because I am driving myself crazy trying to make decisions and I have gotten some awesome advice here over the years.

I need to make 11 ADRs soon. We like to do a fair number of lunch ADRs and also do not want to do any 2 credit restaurants. it is just DH and myself.

Our "must do's" are:
Mama Melrose
Rose &Crown
Le Cellier (lunch)
Biergarten (dinner)
Whispering Canyons (breakfast this year)
Capt Jack's
Boma

Maybes (we have been to these before and they were ok):
Plaza Restaurant
50's Prime Time
LTT

No Way (:ack:):
Sci Fi
Tony's

So, I need 4 more ADR's. I have been thinking about Cape May Cafe (dinner) and/or The Wave (lunch). We have never been to either of those.

What do you think? What would you add or try? Anything that you would change?
Thank you for your thoughts!!:mickey:
Kari

jlmct52
02-06-2011, 01:08 AM
You've never eaten at Les Chefs de France in World Showcase? It has very good food plus an excellent atmosphere....especially with it being just the 2 of you.

Look at the menu online....I think you'll like it.

Fastpasssteve
02-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Boma is one of my favorites...breakfast or dinner. Delicious!

johnO
02-06-2011, 03:07 AM
I like the way you think. DW and I always try to eat at new places in WDW.

We've eaten at the Wave for Dinner. Great restaurant. DW is a vegetarian and the chef came out, spoke with her, and actually prepared something that wasn’t even on the menu.

On our last trip, we ate at Sanaa in AKL Villas. It was fantastic. I'd recommend giving it a try.

Kouzzina at the Boardwalk was good too.

Tusker House for lunch at AK is great.

Le Chefs de France was good too.

How about Mexico in WS? Its always been good when we've eaten there.

Pete Olsen
02-06-2011, 09:58 AM
'Ohana and Chef Mickey's are always a must with us. We are also going to Sanaa, Kouzzina, and Les Chefs de France on our next trip this summer.

akaDisneyDreamer
02-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Les Chefs de France at WS is one of our favorites for lunch! Also love Yak & Yeti at AK park, Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DD, Nine Dragon and Tutto Italia in WS! There is a lot of good food at WDW!

Disney4us2
02-06-2011, 12:14 PM
We loved Yak & Yeti at AK. Great food, loved the cream cheese wonton dessert...I still crave it.:cloud9:

Also loved The Garden Grill at Epcot. Yes, it is a character meal but very low key and not in your face. I loved the food there as well. It felt like a private dining area since it is all semi-cirlce booths and you can't see the other diners. The food (all you care to eat) is brought to your table, and the characters come to your table. They were Farmer Mickey, Pluto, and Chip & Dale.

These are on our must do list.

MinnieMommie
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Great choices! There are so many places to recommend but a couple come to mind quickly. Kona Cafe (in the Poly) is a place we always have breakfast (my fav for breakfast) and dinner on each trip. We also make a point to include Chefs (Epcot: France) as part of our plans. If you like Italian you might want to try Via Napoli, the new place in Epcot. It is probably the best Italian we have had on property. :mickey:

SBETigg
02-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Some of my best one credit picks are:
Grand Floridian Cafe (B,L,D)
Sanaa (L, D)
Kouzzina (B,D)

I do love almost any of the World Showcase restaurants for a good lunch.

WDW&MK
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Thank you for all of the ideas!! There were several that I hadn't thought about. Definitely will consider Les Chefs and - we've never eaten there before. Glad to hear The Wave was good as I am really considering that. Also, I will give Sanaa some thought - just not sure if it's too "out there" for DH.

Also, good idea about Garden Grill - hadn't thought about it that way. Yak and Yeti sounds awesome, I'm just not sure that we can fit that one in as we only go to AK for 1 day (and DH has to have Pizzafari there).

Any other ideas or thoughts are welcome. I really appreciate all of your input!! :thumbsup:
Thank you!!!
Kari

Cinderelley
02-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Raglan Road and The Flying Fish are awesome. :thumbsup:

Raglan Road is rather loud though with the music and dancers. If you are looking for something quiet, this isn't it.

If you guys like seafood, my friend that I took there a few years ago still raves about The Flying Fish.

SBETigg
02-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Raglan Road and The Flying Fish are awesome. :thumbsup:

Raglan Road is good, and it's only loud once the live music starts (I think that's after nine p.m.) We've had some quiet time there before later evening hours. Flying Fish, also good, is a two credit dining experience.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Some thoughts:

Kona Cafe
Ohana
Yak and Yeti
Teppon Edo
Crystal Palace

disney_daddy
02-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Teppan Edo has turned into one of our must dos, but the only problem is with the 2 of you, changes are that you'll be sitting with a different party because services are done in groups of 8, and I don't know how you'd like that.

pamickeys
02-07-2011, 12:32 PM
forget the 4 adr's.... live on the edge. going in May- #... of adr's -0.

darthmacho
02-07-2011, 01:32 PM
You already have great choices.

Ideas to consider:

Yak and Yeti lunch or dinner (try eating with chopsticks!)
Crystal Palace for breakfast (gets you in the park early)
Chef Mickey for whenever (Not just for kids!) :mickey:

johnO
02-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Also, I will give Sanaa some thought - just not sure if it's too "out there" for DH.

I am by no means an adventurous eater but I really like it at Sanaa. Im a meat and potatoes type guy but I thought the food was good. They have a great "slow cooked" dish which included chicken and spare ribs.

Also, one of our favs is Crystal Palace Breakfast.

buzznwoodysmom
02-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Here are some of our favorites:

Ohana's dinner ( a must do on every trip for us)
Les Chefs de France
Kona Cafe (any meal will be great)
Teppan Edo (our favorite in Epcot)
Grand Floridian Cafe
Yak and Yeti at AK
Beaches N Cream

We've also really enjoyed Cape May Cafe (dinner), Coral Reef, Garden Grill (this is a character meal, but the food was so good and fresh).

BrerGnat
02-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Kona Cafe is my absolute favorite place for a 1TS meal! Lunch and Dinner are great!!! :thumbsup:

I'd also recommend:

Via Napoli (Italy Pavilion, Epcot)

Yak & Yeti (for Lunch)

Captain's Grill (at the Yacht Club)

La Hacienda de San Angel (Mexico Pavilion, Epcot)

FenwayGirl
02-07-2011, 04:26 PM
How about japanese food..Teppan ado?

WDW&MK
02-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Thank you all so much for your opinions and suggestions!! I have decided on:
Les Chefs
Yak and Yeti
The Wave
Sanaa
as my 4 add'l ADRs.
I know they will all be delish :thumbsup:

Kari

Gator
02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Teppen Edo had very good food - especially if you like scallops.

Chef Mickey's is always a lot of fun, and has pretty good food, and awesome deserts.

johnO
02-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Great choices!

Brainiak5
02-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Cape May definitely - my personal fave

Teppan Edo is also quite good. Have fun choosing!