PDA

View Full Version : tween/teen

sonkist32
02-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I'll have a 12 and 13 year old on our October cruise. Will they let them in the teen area if they want to go in? Mine are more like teens than tweens....

Imalismom
02-06-2011, 12:14 AM
When my current 18 year old was 12, she was on the cruise with several people who were 13. They did let her go into the teen area with them, but I went as soon as the teen club opened and talked to one of the cast members in the club to secure permission.

I laid out very strict rules for using the club area, only because of the vast age difference of kids in the club area for her to follow and everything worked out fine.

DisneyFr33k
02-06-2011, 09:05 AM
We went on a 3 night cruise in October of 2010. Shortly after that, I heard they changed their rules - no real strict age limits (within reason).

We're going on a 7 night Alaska cruise on the Wonder in May. I have a 13 year old that would love to go in the Vibe (ages 14-17) and my son who is 11 is the size of a 14 year old and would like to be with his sister.

Can anyone elaborate on the new rules? We want them to be prepared.

Thanks! I love Intercot! :rocks:

waymickey
02-08-2011, 08:43 AM
My understanding was that if their birthday was within two months that they would be allowed in the area. I personally wish they would keep the Age restrcitions in place. The whole point of those areas is to hang with kids your own age.
Also I would think parents would want their children in age appriopriate settings. An 11 year old with 17 years olds will no doubt be involved in conversations/ situations way over his head no matter how tall he is.