PDA

View Full Version : BTMRR down next year?

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Forgive me if this was mentioned anywhere else but just in case it wasnt. This January (we just got back on the 29th) we stopped over at Splash Mountain where we were watching the Boats drop and there was a CM standing around the "Sorry folks rides closed" sign (I always think of the Griswalds when I see that sign). Well I told the CM about how I have never been able to ride Splash due to it being closed every January. And he told us that next year they are closing down BTMRR for a couple of months for a major refurb so more than likely Splash Mountain will be left open for the first time in January. He explained that they couldn't shut down BOTH of MK major attraction rides at the same time. I tried to get more information on whether they were changing the ride at all. But he said it was mostly repairs, i.e. spruce things up that are starting to get run down, fix things that are falling apart (which scared me a little, not going to lie lol). But thought I would pass on the rumor for now.

MinnieMommie
02-05-2011, 07:49 PM
After the holiday crowds there is a bit of a lull in January so this makes sense. Yeah they would not be likely to close both at the same time. We often visit in January but instead will be doing a big December trip this year. BTM is one of my favorites so hopefully they'll wait for January if they will be doing a refurb. :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Just realized my post says "Done" when I meant to say "Down" woke up from a nap before reading up on todays posts and my brain isnt completely functional yet! lol!!! (Runs for a big cup of coffee).

Minnie, the CM told us they would be taking it down in start of January so hopefully that is accurate and you get to ride it before it goes down! We too are planning a big December trip!! Sea/Land trip in December!! That same CM made me a little disappointed because he said that if Splash Mountain needs a refurb that it might be in december as to not take it down at the same time as BTMRR but he said he wasnt sure if they would take it down at all next year so hopefully they dont!! I will be completely disappointed if we change our usually vacation month and still dont get to ride it! lol

MinnieMommie
02-05-2011, 09:10 PM
How cool...sea/land trip sounds amazing! I've never done the sea part so will look forward to hearing about your trip.

If we really luck out we will have access to both Splash and BTM!! Woo-hoo - let's keep our fingers crossed! :mickey:

seanyred
02-05-2011, 10:21 PM
lets hope if they have this long refurb next year that they do something about that queue. Hopefully they can get rid of that cattle feel that it has.

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2011, 01:17 AM
How cool...sea/land trip sounds amazing! I've never done the sea part so will look forward to hearing about your trip.

If we really luck out we will have access to both Splash and BTM!! Woo-hoo - let's keep our fingers crossed! :mickey:

Im very excited about that trip! Never been on a cruise before nevermind a disney cruise! And to top it off with a land trip at the world ahhh :cloud9:

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed, would love to be able to know what its like to finally ride Splash!!

MinnieMommie
02-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I would be on :cloud9: too if I had the trip planned you have planned! I didn't realize you haven't been on Splash yet. The drop at the end is so fast it is over before you realize what happened. Really a must do.

If you haven't been during the holiday season you are in for another bit of magic. WDW is a real spectacle during this season. I'm so excited to be visiting in December! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
lets hope if they have this long refurb next year that they do something about that queue. Hopefully they can get rid of that cattle feel that it has.

Sounds like you have had some bad experiences while waiting in line. My only real cattle like experience was on a New Year's night. The park was packed and it was very hot! Usually I am fine with the queue but I also hit this ride early in the morning before the wait time gets too long. :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2011, 02:12 PM
I would be on :cloud9: too if I had the trip planned you have planned! I didn't realize you haven't been on Splash yet. The drop at the end is so fast it is over before you realize what happened. Really a must do.

If you haven't been during the holiday season you are in for another bit of magic. WDW is a real spectacle during this season. I'm so excited to be visiting in December! :mickey:

Yes december!! Ahh I cant wait for that too!!! We have been the first week of January when they still have most of the christmas stuff up but Im sure its not that same as being there in December for everything!! Im so excited!! We are putting together a budget list of all the must-do's we have to do that will only happen during December. I.e. MVMCP, Candlelight processional, etc. So excited!! :cloud9: R u going in December of 12 or December of 11?

MinnieMommie
02-06-2011, 03:11 PM
December 2011. I sent you a PM :mickey: