PDA

View Full Version : Express Pass Plus Tickets

DisneyMiMi
02-05-2011, 12:02 PM
We're planning our first trip for Veteran' Day - Nov. and need some insight on purchasing tickets. Is it worth paying the extra for the Express Pass Plus tickets? We're planning the 2 day/2park tickets for sure in case there are rides we really enjoy and want to do again the next day. But in researching so far, the Express Pass Plus costs about $85 more - I will pay it if it does help make the experience better. Also, the parking? Is it worth doing the valet parking, the garage seems so far to walk to get to the parks. Are there trams like at Disney? (I'm spoiled by Disney's great amenities, that's for sure!) Any info you could give will be greatly appreciated.

John
02-05-2011, 01:41 PM
If you are going during a busy time where lines run 20-30 minutes or more for major attractions, the Express Pass is worth it's weight in gold. On the busiest day of the year, we were able to do every single major attraction in BOTH PARKS with the passes. If we didn't have them, we would have been lucky to have done 4-5 attractions between both parks.

Parking wise, if you don't like to walk or search for your car at the end of a long day - Go Vallet. Again - to me, well worth the money.

DisneyMiMi
02-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Thank you so much for a quick response. I think I'm going to go with both on your recommendation. We don't get to go to Orlando too often and I want it to be a good visit. Thanks.

NJGIRL
02-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Another :thumbsup: for the vallet. You still have to walk but your walk is cut in half.

DisneyFr33k
02-06-2011, 06:51 AM
It does depend on the time of year. When we went the express pass lines were longer in some cases!

John
02-06-2011, 09:27 AM
It does depend on the time of year. When we went the express pass lines were longer in some cases!

Even if they were longer (which would be a rare occurance) - they are let thru before the regular queue.

DisneyFr33k
02-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Even if they were longer (which would be a rare occurance) - they are let thru before the regular queue.

Not on The Flight Of The Hippogrift. The Epress Pass line was three times longer than the regular. People in the EP line were having to move over because so many people were in that line.

Also, that was during the 1 hour in which the guests staying in the hotels were allowed to enter early.

John
02-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Not on The Flight Of The Hippogrift. The Epress Pass line was three times longer than the regular. People in the EP line were having to move over because so many people were in that line.

Also, that was during the 1 hour in which the guests staying in the hotels were allowed to enter early.

So, pretty much - the comparison isn't valid. During normal park hours, the express pass is worth it's weight in gold when the park is crowded.

The point being, if someone is asking a question on whether or not to get it, mentioning a ride in the most popular section of the park, during a time when normal park guests aren't even in the park doesn't seem to weigh into the equation of whether to purchase the pass or not.