PDA

View Full Version : First ride you ride when you return to WDW...

finaldynasty
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
What is the first ride you head straight to when you return to WDW...I usually go to Soarin if I can or Space Mountain...What's your first ride.

As an added question, what's your last ride...mine is usually not a ride, but a show...Lion King at AK!

:mickey:

PrettyMinnie
02-04-2011, 10:35 PM
POTC in MK! Our last ride varies but we try to get everyone's favorites in.

Tigerinvestigator
02-04-2011, 10:43 PM
I agree always POTC at MK!:thumbsup:

Thats when I know I am home!

jlmct52
02-05-2011, 12:21 AM
I guess I lack imagination. It has always been and probably will always be my favorite so my first and last is always....Spaceship Earth.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-05-2011, 12:36 AM
While I have not been enough times to have established a tradition, if I went back anytime soon it would be Small World. While most of his first trip was a complete disaster, my 3 year old LOVED Small World and still talks (and sings) about it today. Small World was our ONLY moment of peace for his first trip so now I have a great affection for it's a small world.

Shall we all sing along :sing:

Don't be shy, we all know the words....

hauntedmansiongirl
02-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Our first and last ride always depends on which park we go to first. Usually our first ride is Spaceship Earth at Epcot, because we always seem to arrive on a Friday when they have their evening EMH! I love that ride!!

If we happen to end up at the Magic Kingdom first, we head straight to Space Mountain, then the Haunted Mansion!

At DHS we head to RnRC- it is my DHs favourite ride in all of WDW.

Our last ride is always the Haunted Mansion- I always feel like I have to get "just one more ride...". :mickey:

ransam
02-05-2011, 02:12 AM
The first attraction i go on first is kind of an accident, but it always happen. THe first thing i do when i get to disney is walk down mainstreet in MK. then when i finish, i go through the castle, and ready to go on a ride, or attraction, and the Philamonic just happens to be right there, so it's usually the first thing i do.

Fastpasssteve
02-05-2011, 02:28 AM
My good friend passed on his Disney addiction to me. In his honor and because of the ideals of fantasy and innocence they uphold, the first ride is always Peter Pan's Flight or It's A Small World...and then the other!

Disney4us2
02-05-2011, 02:41 AM
For us it is either Spaceship Earth or Test Track. We begin our trips at Epcot.

AndrewJackson
02-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Back when I was a kid, and when there was only the Magic Kingdom, we would always start with POTC and work our way around the park, and end with Space Mountain.

Now, we start in Fantasyland with Peter Pan before the line gets long.

disneymom15
02-05-2011, 09:47 AM
MK is usually the first park we visit, but I've included our picks for each park.
MK-space mnt
Epcot-test track
DHS-toy story
AK-expedition everest

Jillirose
02-05-2011, 10:41 AM
What is the first ride you head straight to when you return to WDW...I usually go to Soarin if I can or Space Mountain...What's your first ride. :mickey:

:ditto: Soarin' !!

MariMouse
02-05-2011, 10:51 AM
What a great question! For years, especially when our girls were still at home, POTC was our first ride. Funny how it is for so many people! Now that it is only my husband and I, we just kind of meander!:mickey:

MarkC
02-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Either Rock N Roller Coaster or Tower or Terror, depending on which one has the shortest line. Its tradition.

BugeyedMuggy
02-05-2011, 01:14 PM
We always go to Studios to ride R&R. If I ride no other ride we go on this one at least 2 times in a row. We try to ride it on our last day also and have to watch Illuminations at the end of our stay.

Genie1953
02-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Our first ride is always the train at Magic Kingdom. First we walk down Main Street for a bit and then back to ride the train so we can get a quick overview of the entire park. After that we are off and running (well actually these days we are just walking) to whatever we take a fancy to.

WDWfanatic742
02-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Pirate's of the Caribbean is usually always our first. We'd also do Test Track, MuppetVision, and Dinosaur first in the other parks...

fysh
02-05-2011, 08:05 PM
:number1: The Monorail :blush:
I love the Monorail. I consider it an attraction & not merely transportation.

dumbo ears
02-05-2011, 09:02 PM
lets see ill do a list:
MK- haunted mansion
Epcot- get fp for soarin then spaceship earth
DHS- get fp for toy story mania then try to ride aerosmith or star tours
AK- get fp for everest then ride kilimanjaro safaris

also i would throw in the irish pub in DTD as the first place we try to eat at

xo0ally
02-05-2011, 11:16 PM
ditto for POTC!

phillydan
02-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Haunted Mansion - first & last ride!

johnO
02-06-2011, 02:25 AM
We usually start at MK. Sometimes we go left and hit PotC first. Sometimes we go rights and hit SM

WDWgoofy
02-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Epcot is my favorite park, but I usually arrive later in the day so I always head to Soarin' to see the wait and availability of fast passes, then off to SE. The visit always ends with Illuminations and a slow stroll through the World Showcase.

MK always Space Mountain first and Wishes last.

HS has changed over the years as new attractions have been added. Today of course the first ride is TSMM.

AK usually involves a quick trip to EE for a first ride and a fastpass then to KS.

luvdiznee
02-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Depends which park we go to first:

MK...Train Ride
DHS..Toy Story Mania
EPCOT...Nemo
AK...Kilimanjaro

PopeCharming
02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
The last two trips, its been "O Canada" to start the vacation, and "Spaceship Earth" to wrap things up.

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Depends on what park we decide to visit first, but usually its always Epcot, when we arrive and before we leave, we always say we could live in Epcot if we could find a place to hide at closing....:blush: but anyways....usually its Spaceship Earth or Soarin'. :)

AllDisney
02-06-2011, 06:06 PM
MK - POTC
HS - ToT
AK - Bugs Life
EPCOT - Soarin'

IloveDisney71
02-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I have given this a little thought and I don't have a must ride 1st ride in any park. What I ride first depends on who I'm visiting with each time I go to the parks.

finaldynasty
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
I have given this a little thought and I don't have a must ride 1st ride in any park. What I ride first depends on who I'm visiting with each time I go to the parks.

That makes a lot of sense...I'm think we will visit either DHS or Epcot first since we are staying in Beach Club on our next visit. The dilemma for us will be do we start in the WS, Star Tours, ToT, Soarin or Mission Space.

dwonderz
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
MK - Haunted Mansion

AK - Expedition Everest

Epcot - No Favorite

Hollywood Studios - Never Been :D!

Cinderelley
02-07-2011, 02:30 AM
Usually it is Big Thunder first and Pirates last.

We start off with a round of Splash, Big Thunder and Pirates and end with the same round of rides.

DisneyorBust
02-07-2011, 06:11 AM
PoTC for us! Don't know how or when exactly the tradition started but now when we return to the MK, it's our first attraction.

grumpyguy
02-07-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm old school-
My family knows it's Peter Pan first,then all bets are off after that.It's my little tradition.:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
02-07-2011, 07:46 AM
I guess I lack imagination. It has always been and probably will always be my favorite so my first and last is always....Spaceship Earth.

Us too. Usually our first and last ride of the trip. Just something that always happened on our first few trips so it has sort of become a tradition.

magicgal
02-07-2011, 02:56 PM
It is usually Living with the Land. Epcot is the first park we usually go to, and we head right over the the Land, so we could first get fast passes for Soarin. We then go on Living with the Land. It has become the standard for us now..lol. I also try to make it the last ride of our trip, as long as we do have Epcot as our last park.

mook3y
02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
We usually ride POTC first.

magicman
02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
It has always been POTC. However, this was my 3 year old's first trip, and we wanted to set the tone of the trip that it was all going to be a trip through the eyes of a 3 year old, so we rode Pooh first.

whitney37354
02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
We've only had one family trip to WDW so far.

1st Ride: Carousel at MK
Last Ride: Soarin' at EPCOT

FenwayGirl
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Spaceship Earth as we spend a good deal of our vacation at Epcot:cloud9:

SandmanGStefani24
02-07-2011, 10:16 PM
first is always

Space Mountain, or if the wait is an hr or more, I'll ride the TTA. Tomorrowland is always my first stop!

McLiberal8
02-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Soarin' is my first ride, everytime.

..and I cry. Everytime. :blush:

Mousemates
02-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Space Mountain almost every trip....unless it is a very short visit and we have chosen to start at the Studios and then it is Toy Story Mania.

sassy2000
02-08-2011, 09:35 AM
It depends on which park we visit on the 1st day so here is our picks for each:
MK- Dumbo. My DD4 loves it so we get it out of the way 1st thing before the line gets too long.
Epcot- Test Track
AK - Safari
HS - Toy Story Mania

Mickey'sIrishPAl
02-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Splash Mountain. My son's favorite.

darthmacho
02-08-2011, 10:19 AM
If I had any say, it would be Space Mountain every time, but unfortunately I'm outnumbered. DW doesn't like Space Mountain anymore, perhaps never did, and my kids love Dumbo, so henceforth, upon every return to WDW, it looks like Dumbo is the choice. Maybe someday the kids will outgrow it and we can go back to Space Mountain. Either way, WDW with the family, that's what it's all about, right? :mickey:

Jared
02-08-2011, 11:43 AM
It has become a tradition for my family to start our trips by visiting the Magic Kingdom and riding Peter Pan's Flight. Its innocence and charm sets the tone perfectly for the rest of the vacation.

Our last attraction varies.

GrmGrninGost
02-08-2011, 05:31 PM
We almost always go to MK the first day and ride Small World . It has become a tradition. We also end our trips at the MK and often ride the TTA last. :mickey:

wedway76
02-09-2011, 05:35 PM
We only go to the MK on our first day if we arrive in Florida and get to our Resort before noon. Then we usually wind up in Tomorrowland first and our first ride is usually Space Mountain or Buzz.

If we arrive later in the day we usually go to EPCOT to eat dinner, so our first ride would usually be Test Track.

finaldynasty
02-16-2011, 09:57 PM
This is truly interesting...I thought there might have been more EE or ToT or RnR. I am thinking about changing where we begin our trip!

This is great insight!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
02-17-2011, 09:18 PM
:pirate: PoC, always... :pirate:

lettripp
02-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Don't really have a tradition out of this yet - depends on the time of day but it is almost always something at MK... I will agree with all the PPs that say PotC is a great first ride though :-)

joonyer
02-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Splash mountain. zippity doo dah!

Disney_pups2
02-18-2011, 05:06 AM
POTC, we always start on the left and work around to the right. We dont' do a lot of crossing the park. Last ride? Not sure... I usually try to make the last thing I do the French movie, and then get a nice French pastry and then we go and sit to wait for the fireworks.

finaldynasty
02-18-2011, 08:09 PM
If I had any say, it would be Space Mountain every time, but unfortunately I'm outnumbered. DW doesn't like Space Mountain anymore, perhaps never did, and my kids love Dumbo, so henceforth, upon every return to WDW, it looks like Dumbo is the choice. Maybe someday the kids will outgrow it and we can go back to Space Mountain. Either way, WDW with the family, that's what it's all about, right? :mickey:

Yes, that is what it is all about...family at Disney is the best. We are the same way. We go were I kids want to go.

4everdisneyfan
02-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Always start at POTC! Always
And I always end watching Wishes at MK too:mickey:
Love those park hopper passes!

Dirty Bird Street
02-19-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm another HM-goer. I've loved it forever, but especially since the makeover (the glowing eyes fading into the wallpaper is probably my favorite visual trick ever), I'm convinced that it's perfect—apart from the fact that it's in Florida and I'm in New York.

As for the other parks: Maelstrom (en route to a Viking coffee :thumbsup:); Midway Mania; either of the walking safaris.

kemps@wdw
02-19-2011, 10:06 PM
it seems we always gravitate toward Adventureland 1st. We take the walk down Main St and then left @ the Crystal Palace. Depending on lines (which are usually VERY short as we get there @ rope drop), POTC is a very possible 1st. We then move onto either Splash or Thunder (whichever available), and FP the other.

Suzi Q
02-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Our first day tradition is starting at MK at the bakery on Main Street to get a blueberry muffin, sit at the outdoor yellow tables by the entrance to tomorrowland...and then off to either Buzz or Monsters Inc. After that, no plan at all, wander around MK or hop to another park. As our children are grown now...we can just go go go or be lazy as we feel like at that particular moment!

EvilQueen2006
02-20-2011, 12:33 PM
I usually get in mid afternoon and to either Epcot or MK first. If Epcot, I always start with spaceship earth. It's right there as you enter, and the lines are usually reasonable. If MK is first, I ride the train to Frontierland, pick up a FP for Splash or Big Thunder then head to Pirates!

AdventurerKim
02-23-2011, 03:32 PM
It depends on the park we go to. If it's MK, Buzz Lightyear; DHS is Toy Story Mania, and Epcot is Soarin'.

finaldynasty
03-23-2011, 07:26 PM
If MK is first, I ride the train to Frontierland, pick up a FP for Splash or Big Thunder then head to Pirates!

It would be hard for me to pass POTC on the way to BTM or Splash Mountain.

emmatink
03-23-2011, 08:23 PM
@MK...anything in fantasy land

@Epcot....Soarin

@AK...Safari

@DS...Toy Story Mania

ShinynewJB
03-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Probably Splash Mountain for us. I seem to recall it was both the first and last ride of our last trip and the first ride of the trip before.

I think Splash Mountain is the quintessential Disney experience for us. I can't imagine a trip to WDW without it.

ryca1dreams
03-23-2011, 11:19 PM
I guess normally it would be Peter Pan's Flight. But, for as many times as we've been and as much as we plan, we still seem to end up walking up Main Street asking each other, "where do you want to go first?"

RavsRuleDisney!
03-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Well....depending on which park is day #1 we usually hit up BTMRR or Splash at MK, Soarin' or TT at Epcot, Toy Stort at HS, and Safari or EE at AK.

KylesMom
03-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Now that DS is older, each park kinda goes like this:

MK = Space Mountain
Epcot = Test Track (on rare occasion Soarin')
AK = Expedition Everest
DHS = Tower of Terror (on rare occasion TSMidway Mania)

Last? A toss up depending upon the crowds the afternoon of our departure. When possible, it's Space Mountain.

:coaster:

crazygoalie39
03-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Our first ride is always PoTC. :pirate:

WDWCrazyKaren
03-25-2011, 09:27 AM
It's always Spaceship Earth for us. We seem to always take the same flights, which get us there around 11:00AM. Check in at the hotel, and then bus straight to Epcot. The entire family knows this, and there is never any question about where we are going the second we step off the plane! After Spaceship Earth, I don't care. But standing in that line for the first ride of the trip tells me and the whole family, that we now have our entire trip ahead of us. It's kind of a "new beginning" for us each time. :cloud9: Wishing I was standing there right now!

disneydeb
03-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Epcot = Soarin',
DS = TSM
MK = Peter Pan
AK = Everest, get FP, then Safari

Martino
03-25-2011, 12:09 PM
It would have to be Haunted Mansion for me :mickey:

I insist on it everytime.

If I was ever made a choice of riding HM once and nothing else at MK or
Riding everything else once and not Haunted Mansion......

HAUNTED MANSION WOULD WIN EVERY TIME!:blush:

150 days and counting....:D

mousetrapper
03-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Our first ride has always been IASW -- to us, it's the quintessential Disney ride and it really sets the tone for our trip. I know it bugs a lot of people but we love the nostalgia of it.

Last ride is more up in the air -- a few times it's been ToT (pardon the pun!). It really just depends on where we end up that last day.

mouseketeer mom
03-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Our first and last rides are always PIRATES!!!!!

pamickeys
03-28-2011, 12:16 PM
The first ride that we come to that has NO line.

CU Tiger
03-28-2011, 12:22 PM
We either go to EPCOT or DW as our first stop. For MK, the first ride would be SM and for EPCOT it would be MS. This is my choice, my DW and DDs might argue this.:mickey:

WDW&MK
03-28-2011, 02:17 PM
POTC is always first because we spend our first day at MK - classic Disney. We spend our last full day at MK and then the day we fly home we spend a partial day at DHS so last ride is always RnRC. It's awesome to ride RnRC in the morning and think about it at home thousands of miles away before we go to sleep that night. Of course it's sad too, because by that time......I want to go back!! :mickey:

MirandaC
03-28-2011, 05:07 PM
we usually like to hit BTMR, it is my DD absolute favorite ride!!

i enjoy ToT, starts our vacation w/ a BANG!!

hubby likes star tours, we are super excited about the new version!!

We will be there May 27-June 2!! :mickey:

syndrome
03-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Epcot: Test Track
MK: Buzz Lightyear/Space Mountain
HS: Toy Story Mania
AK: Everest

Last ride is usually something relaxing like TTA or WDW RR.

MrPeetrie
03-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Things have changed for us since we've had kids. When it was just my wife and I, we'd always go to Animal Kingdom right after check-in. We'd eat at Rainforest and go ride "It's Tough to be a Bug." However, since we had our daughter, that's changed.

Now, we go to Epcot on arrival day. Why? Shopping at MouseGear at day's end! ("Dad-o is too excited to say 'No.'")

So, first ride is Spaceship Earth.

Last ride: We always finish a trip at Epcot. Why? Shopping at MouseGear at day's end! ("Dad-o is too sad to say 'No!'") So last ride is usually Maelstrom or El Rio del Tiempo. Stay until Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

:number1: :( :number1: :(

cjdami
03-30-2011, 03:02 PM
MK-HM
Epcot-TT
HS-TSMM
AK-EE

As for the last ride HM cause I never know when we will be back again!!

And Illuminations is usually the last show!!!