PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point Seating Request

Disney_Barbie
02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Quick Question : We've seen photos of Artist Point, but never actually been. Generally when checking in for our reservations, I like to make a sating request at the podium (ya'know "by the window" , indoor/outdoor, etc)
What do you think is the "best" seatin Artist Point? I'm assuming being by the window would be the best view, am I correct in that?

faline
02-04-2011, 11:41 AM
The very best view is a corner table that overlooks the waterfall. We were lucky enough to be seated at this location once (and we didn't even ask).

Disney_Barbie
02-04-2011, 12:18 PM
There's no outdoor dining at Artist Point ... is there? I was just reading reviews on another site & one person posted that they requested to sit outside (they suposidly dined there just 2 months ago) are they confused??? Or is there really outdoor seating??? (and if there is does this stop at a certain time or anything? We have a late ressie, but would actually change it to an earlier one if there was ANY way to eat outside) THANKS!

TheRustyScupper
02-04-2011, 02:20 PM
1) No outdoor serating.
2) The better seats are along the window.
3) But, if not a 5:00-5:30 ADR, they get taken - quickly.
4) You may ask to wait for one, but they will take you to a table.
5) If you refuse the next available table, you lose the ADR.
6) After all, if everyone waited, then they would have empty tables elsewhere.

BugeyedMuggy
02-05-2011, 01:27 PM
We had the corner table by the waterfall last year for our 24th anniversary with a personalized menu & 2 glasses of champange. It was so romantic. This had to be the best place to be seated or along the window. The center seemed to be more "busy"

Granny Jill A
02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Years ago when I went for my 30th anniversary, we arrived for an early dinner and were seated right next to the kitchen. I asked about moving to the empty tables by the windows but was told those were "reserved"..... Granted those tables were 4-tops and we were only two, but it was a special occasion made less so by our location.

These days I would speak up more vigorously, but it's a moot point because I'm no longer married. Ha ha.....

That said, it was a lovely meal and the dessert they brought for us to share was spectacular. Have a great time.

darthmacho
02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
I've frequently recommended waiting for a window seat at Artist Point, and have suggested timing things for a chance to be seated around sunset. Of course that would require timing that probably isn't realistic, but a window seat at any time is certainly worth the wait. Facing the waterfall is the best, of course, but any window seat will do. :mickey: