PDA

View Full Version : Latest your've waited to book a flight

AirlineGuy07
02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Just curious what the lastest anyone out there has waited to book a flight to get a good airfare. I'm playing the cat and mouse game with the airlines right now and taking the risk that the fares will go down in May some more. They seem higher this year than last. I got $59 one way out of IAD last year and hoping to get close to that this year. I can get $79 one way out of BWI right now but can't decided if I want to wait it out some more. I'm probably spoiled from last year getting it so cheap. Thanks!

MarkC
02-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Delta just announced yesterday that rising fuel prices will cause them to increase fares, and I'm guessing its going to be the same for all carriers. I would be really, really surprised if you can beat $79 one way. Also, anytime I have a chance to lock in my dates I do so. Usually I find that the longer I wait, the less good times and fares are out there. Personally I would book now and be happy I was locked in.

kakn7294
02-04-2011, 09:42 AM
The same flights on the same airline that I just paid $69 each way for January are $142 and $173 for July. It's not looking good. I'd go for the $79 and be very happy with it!

Faver
02-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Hey There! I use the same airports, jump on the 79 bucks NOW while you still can. I'm going to WDW in March, and the ticket prices changed drastically in 1week! It made me really glad that I locked in the rates
$69 & $89, when I did:thumbsup:

have a safe trip.:mickey:

paragon
02-04-2011, 10:47 AM
I have been watching Southwest for our April cruise, and booked an $84 flight in the mid morning yesterday, it was $139 early morning, then two hours after I booked for $84, it jumped back up to $139.
Just keep checking.
Is it possible to book the flight and get a credit if the fare drops??

deedeebee
02-04-2011, 11:00 AM
I just booked, 26 days out! That's the longest we have ever waited. It's kind of a last minute trip, can't wait to get out of the snow:mickey:

cajunprincess
02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I just booked my flights for my May trip and paid an outrageous $350.00 per person!!!

PopPhan
02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
If you can get $79 flights out of/into BWI...Book 'em, Dano!!!! Prices will probably not go down from there!! If you are booking Southwest, you can always get a credit on your account if they DO go down!!!

laprana
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM
I agree with everyone else...I would book the $79 flight ASAP! We're also looking for flights in May and have held off because prices are so high this year. But I think we're going to be out of luck because all the prices have done is go up and up and up. The same flight that we took on SW last year to WDW and paid $85 per person for is now $281 per person for this May! It's absolutely crazy! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that prices come down, but at the same time I'm not holding my breath!

I LoveJack
02-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I've been watching flight prices for a month now on trip in Oct. from OKC or DFW. They just seem to keep climbing little by little. Got lucky Wed. and found one I could live with on travelocity that is a non-stop from DFW on AA for almost half price from what AA wanted. Jumped on it. So I got 4 roundtrip tickets for under 1000 when everyone else is wanting 350 and up and usually had a long layover somewhere between flights. I say jump when you can get a deal.