PDA

View Full Version : Early Feburary

SallyMcQueen
02-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Okay. The DH has finally commited to going back to WDW. Yahh!!! Only after about a year and a half of pestering :blush:. So we are looking at going Feb. 3 to about Feb. 9, 2012, give or take a day or two. I was just wondering about crowds/weather. I think this is around President's day (isn't it??). Any advice would be helpful. We've been once before with just our DD. This time both kids DD 8 and DS 4 are getting to go (DS was only 1.5 last time we went I didn't have the fortitude to bring him with).

Thanks folks!

faline
02-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Presidents' day in 2012 will be on the 20th which is a good thing for the dates you propose as Presidents Day week is one of the busiest of the year.

Early February is typically a good time to visit as far as crowds go. Weather can be quite variable though. You might get nice, pleasant weather but you could also get weather cold enough for your winter coats and gloves.

DakotaDisney
02-03-2011, 06:07 PM
I have been there right at the end of January, begining of February and the crowds were great. The wait times were all very short. I went back in May the next year and the crowds were still okay, but February was definitely better.

As as the weather, it was a little cool in the morning, but by mid day and afternoon it was nice. Of course this is all relative to your personal opinion and where you are from. I'm from North Dakota, so almost anywhere in February is going to be warmer than home.
I was able to go with a light jacket or long sleeve shirt in the morning and no jacket in the afternoon. I also had pants that I could zip the lower pant legs off to make shorts, which I did in the afternoons on some days.

Buttercup
02-03-2011, 07:45 PM
We will be there the week leading up to President's Day this year (2 weeks! yay!). :cloud9:
We've gone at this time before and it really varies in weather: sometimes you just need a jacket, sometimes you need shorts, sometimes you need a winter parka! You really have to pack layers and go from there.
Crowd-wise, it's quite manageable and lovely! The end of the week tends to get busier but that's usually when we're getting ready to leave.

BugeyedMuggy
02-05-2011, 01:31 PM
We went in 2009 early Feb and it was 35 degrees when we landed , 75 degrees when we left and everything in between during our stay. Just look up the weather a few days before and pack accordingly.

bob6572
02-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Just got back last night after Feb5-Feb12. Crowds weren't bad at all. The first weekend was a National Dance Squad competition, this past weekend was a cheerleader competiton so lots of groups. And LOTS of South American tour groups. Most rides had minimal waits. Weather was good, not great, but compared to what we were coming from a huge improvemement.

bob6572
02-13-2011, 10:03 AM
We did notice it getting busier this past Fri-Sat, perhaps a build up to vacation week/president's day.

goofygirl67
02-13-2011, 07:01 PM
I went Feb 4-8. I was very surprised how empty MK was the first day. I normally go in May, Sept, Dec. There were alot of dance teams and South Americans in large groups but overall not very busy. I have even thought about going this time of year again.

NJDad
02-14-2011, 06:01 AM
We were there weekend before last. Lucky with the weather for first 2 days, but unlucky to have trip delayed a half day due to ice storm at home.

First day, in less than 8 hours at the Magic Kingdom, did 31 rides/attractions plus a meal.