PDA

View Full Version : September trip:when is the halloween party at MK? Mickey's not so scary party?

lawgirl
02-03-2011, 03:56 PM
We'll be there Sept 8-12. I'm having a hard time finding the dates for the halloween party. Is it pretty much like MVMCP?

Thanks all!

forever a child
02-03-2011, 04:00 PM
We'll be there Sept 8-12. I'm having a hard time finding the dates for the halloween party. Is it pretty much like MVMCP?

Thanks all!

Dates have not been released by Disney yet. Last year the first party date began on Sept 14th. I have not been to either...so someone else will have to answer your question. But yeah, both are hard ticket events where you need a ticket for a particular night. Fireworks, parades and special shows, characters are out during theses events. If you can..you may want to move your date back a little if you are wanting to attend just to make sure you are there during one of the nights it is offered. Dates should be released by WDW (hopefully) early March or so I have been told because I am watching for them too. :)

These were the Sept 2010 dates: September: 14, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30, 2010

BellesRose
02-03-2011, 04:36 PM
It is SO much better than the Christmas party, in my opinion. Dates should be released soon, so keep watching, though I don't think there will be a party before the 14th.

mook3y
02-04-2011, 01:39 PM
We have taken our kids 3 times to this and love it!

Make sure you don't miss the parade, it is really cool!

Special fireworks too!

GottaLvDisney
02-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Still watching for this year's dates to be released.

I can't compare it to MVMCP bc I've never been, but I can tell you that we absolutely LOVE MNSSHP. The parade is great, the kids love the trick-or-treating and it's fun to see all the costumes. Even my hubby, who would usually grumble about the cost, considers this one a must do.

PETE FROM NYC
02-05-2011, 04:48 PM
DW and I have done it the last two Septembers.
Not sure about October schedule, but in September it has been on Tuesdays and Fridays, starting at 7 PM.

ransam
02-13-2011, 03:19 PM
we wanted to do it last year, but the first date of the halloween party was the day after we were suppoe to leave...

beksy
02-15-2011, 03:17 PM
This is one of the big things we planned our last trip around. My mom, sister, and I love it. Part of the time we dress up and part of the time we don't. On our last trip we actually went two nights (Mom wanted an extra night as her birthday present :mickey: She didn't get to trick-or-treat growing up so she makes up for it at these parties). One night we made sure to get in line to get our pic with the 7 dwarves and the coach, as well as the special HM shots and the PoC shot. The other night we spent a lot more time just walking around enjoying the atmosphere and getting candy. We even did a few rides which we normally avoid during the parties. The parade is fabulous and the fireworks are great too. I love the "ghost" in the garden at the HM...she was so funny!

PopPhan
02-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Since the September hours are posted on Info Central, I would suggest looking for the days that MK closes at 7pm. Those would be the most likely evenings for the MNSSHP.
(Listed 7pm closings are: Sept. 9, 10, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30)

Just understand that these days and times may change at we get nearer to September.

joonyer
02-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Dates released and tickets go on sale usually around May 1, if I remember right.

TheVBs
02-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Since the September hours are posted on Info Central, I would suggest looking for the days that MK closes at 7pm. Those would be the most likely evenings for the MNSSHP.
(Listed 7pm closings are: Sept. 9, 10, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30)

Just understand that these days and times may change at we get nearer to September.

I thought the park hours have only been released through the end of August. :confused: Am I looking in the wrong place?

PopPhan
02-16-2011, 01:41 PM
On Info Central tab, they are listed thru September...

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/parkhours.asp

TheVBs
02-16-2011, 01:53 PM
On Info Central tab, they are listed thru September...

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/parkhours.asp

Oh! Thank you! :mickey: I was looking at the WDW site and could only find through Aug. Did I miss something on their site?

Carol
02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Our park hours come directly from Disney. September hours were released on the 11th.

Disney does not run their own web site - so information can be out there and not be listed. :)

PopPhan
02-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Our park hours come directly from Disney. September hours were released on the 11th.

Disney does not run their own web site - so information can be out there and not be listed. :)

Just another reason to make INTERCOT your one-stop Disney shop!! :D

TheVBs
02-16-2011, 02:24 PM
So good to know, thank you! :mickey: This means I can do more planning now!

forever a child
02-17-2011, 02:35 PM

I was wondering why this was not on the WDW web site but here in Intercot. Still hoping for a few changes to the September scheduling! :wait:

renecat
02-18-2011, 11:22 AM
We went in October last year and yes we think the Halloween Party is so worth it. In 2009 we went from Sept. 7-13 and we also did Halloween party so I think with your dates
you will have a night or 2 for the party. The dates aren't out until May. The other person that said look at Sept calander and if the park closes at 7 PM those are most likely the nights of the party. Thats what we did last year to plan our trip for Oct.

WDW&MK
02-18-2011, 01:07 PM
We were there last year in Sept. Last year they brough Night of Joy back to MK. So the Friday and Saturday night after Labor Day were NoJ. The first MNSSHP was the following Tuesday. So, I am guessing that the 9th and 10th may be NoJ and the 13th would be the first MNSSHP.

Carol
02-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Yes. Night of Joy is September 9 & 10, 2011.