PDA

View Full Version : Any word of Le Cellier Changes for March 1st?

forever a child
02-03-2011, 11:25 AM
With Le Cellier going to Signature dinning for Dinner starting on March 1st, I was just wondering what changes will happen to the menu and dinning experience. Has anyone heard anything? Who has ressies after this change? Will both the lunch and dinner menu's be changed even though the lunch will remain a 1 TS credit for those who use the DDP?

I am trying to decide on if I will want to attempt to book a lunch or dinner ressie for our fall trip. Since I am paying OOP for our meals...it really doesn't matter to me if is a signature dining or not but I am curious what changes will be happening. Also, with lunch remaining a 1 TS credit...it would seem lunch will now perhaps be harder to book than dinner. Any thoughts?

KeriWDE
02-03-2011, 02:08 PM
We will have dinner there on March 2nd. I'll tell you what I find... :)

I've been wondering the same things.

DizneyRox
02-03-2011, 02:24 PM
The current offerings are not 2TS worthy, so I suspect that the Dinner menu would be changed to "plus" the offerings. I don't think much will happen to lunch, like I said, it's 1TS so that's what you get.

It's possible that they think the meal IS 2TS worth already, so maybe the lunch gets dumbed down, but I really can't see where ANYONE in their right mind would think that LeCellier AS-IS is a signature dining location. Le Cellier on it's best day, doesn't compare to the worst signature dining location I've been to.

forever a child
02-03-2011, 03:21 PM
It's possible that they think the meal IS 2TS worth already, so maybe the lunch gets dumbed down, but I really can't see where ANYONE in their right mind would think that LeCellier AS-IS is a signature dining location. Le Cellier on it's best day, doesn't compare to the worst signature dining location I've been to.

This is what the Disney web site states "Effective March 1, 2011, dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse will be elevated to a Signature dining experience, offering an exciting new menu that will change seasonally and an expanded wine list."

So they do imply that there will be menu changes. Just really curious what they will be. Also, if they do keep the lunch menu the same...I have never eaten there for lunch...are the portions smaller than they are for dinner? We had dinner there and I was full but I would hate to see smaller portions.

KeriWDE...thanks...Looking forward to hearing about your experience!

KylesMom
02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
It's previously been reported that the lunch portions are indeed smaller than the dinner portions, hence why we've never ventured here for lunch.

We have 3 dinner TS meals planned here for July - I did have to call to make dinner reservations at the 180 day mark, as it wouldn't let me book online. I suspect it had to do with telling folks it was converting to a 2-TS credit. Since we're not on the dining plan, it doesn't make much difference to us. I asked the same question a few months ago, and many feel that they are not going to drastically change the dinner menu since it's so widely popular now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :mickey:

forever a child
02-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Can't wait to hear what the changes are! :tasty:

forever a child
02-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Can't wait to hear what the new changes are!!!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I know we will only go for lunch so it will probably be a hard ressie to come by:secret:

forever a child
03-01-2011, 08:51 PM
This info taken from another source...so I hope it is ok to post it here. If not...I am sorry and please delete.

Dinner Menu
Artisan Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage With Roasted Corn Polenta, Sweet Onion Jam and Fiddlehead Ferns 14.00
Crab and Heirloom Apple Salad
Celeriac Remoulade, Lemon Oil, Radishes and Micro Celery 16.00
Steakhouse Caesar Salad
Crisp Romaine Lettuce, Aged Parmesan Cheese, and Pretzel Croutons 9.00
Black and Blue Beef Steak Tartar
With Hot Spring Egg and Pommes Gaufrette 16.00
Heirloom Tomato Salad
Macerated Red Onions, Minus “8” Vinegar, and Point Reyes Blue Cheese 12.00
Assortment of Artisan Cheese
Accompanied with Chef Selection of dried fruits and preserves 14.00
ENTRÉES
WE OFFER ALL CANADIAN-FARMED BEEF
“Le Cellier” Mushroom Filet Mignon
Grilled Jumbo Asparagus
Gratinée with Sauce Hollandaise, Canadian Cheddar, and Crunchy Bacon 13.00
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
Made with Moosehead Beer and Bacon 9.00
“Le Cellier” Lobster Chopped Salad
Mixed Field Greens, Haricot Verts, Avocado, Vine Ripe Tomatoes and Egg 10.00
Charred Pork Tenderloin
Roasted Duck Breast and Leg Confit
With Cheddar-Bread Pudding, Swiss Chard, House-made Pepper Jelly 28.00 Annabella Merlot, Napa Valley, 2009
With Celery Root Mousseline, Forest Mushrooms, and Sweet and Sour Cabbage 32.00 Zin 91 Old Zinfandel, California 2009
Warm Spring Vegetable, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quiche
With Salad of Arugula, Frisee, Roasted Peppers, Portobella
MushroomsandSherryVinaigrette 27.00 Z’ivo Pinot Noir, Eola – Amity Hills, Willamette Valley 2006
With Maple Polenta, Sautéed Pea Tendrils, Baby Corn, and Warm Bacon Vinaigrette 37.00
CANADIAN “PRIME” NEW YORK STRIP
12-oz Strip Steak with Gruyere-Yukon Gold Potato Gratin, wilted Spinach and Vin Rouge reduction 42.00 Cadaretta Syrah, Columbia Valley, 2007
Wild Pacific King Salmon
With Parsnip Puree, Braised Kale, Grainy Mustard Sauce, and Parsnip chips 44.00
Roasted Venison Medallions

8 oz. Canadian AAA Beef Tenderloin with Wild Mushroom Risotto, White Truffle Butter Sauce and Micro Chervil 40.00
Grilled Bone-In Rib-Eye
16-oz Bone-In Rib-Eye with Herb Parmesan Potato Wedges and Pink Peppercorn Sauce 37.00
Clos la Coutale Cahors, 2008 Mettler Cabernet Sauvignon Lodi, 2008
Gooseberry Cod
With Oxtail Ravioli, Shiitake Mushroom, Bok Choy and Oxtail Consommé 35.00
Argyle Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley Oregon
SIDE DISHES
Mission Hill SB- Semillon, Okanagan Valley
Cadaretta SBS, Columbia valley,2009 Helfrich Grand Cru Gewuertztraminer, Alsace
“Poutine” Fries
Creamed Spinach
Sautéed Mushroom
Canadian Cheddar, Truffle Salt and Red Wine Reduction 8.00
with Parmesan Cheese 6.00
with Herb Butter 6.00
Black Truffle Crushed Potatoes
Maple Glazed Rainbow Carrots
Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Black Truffles, Butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil 8.00
in Maple Syrup and Herb Butter 8.00
With White Cheddar 8.00

Melanie
03-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Looks like the entrees and appetizers are switched? :confused:

forever a child
03-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Looks like the entrees and appetizers are switched? :confused:

Didn't transfer well based on original layout. sorry but since I can't add the link...:blush:

BigThunderFan
03-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Doesn't really seem like that much of a difference...

KylesMom
03-01-2011, 11:32 PM
CANADIAN “PRIME” NEW YORK STRIP
12-oz Strip Steak with Gruyere-Yukon Gold Potato Gratin, wilted Spinach and Vin Rouge reduction 42.00 Up about $7 for "peak" season for what it was - with the addition of wilted spinach, which I'll skip. Somehow I have a feeling that during peak season it'll be about $11 more OOP than it was. DH won't be happy that they took the gourmet onion rings off the menu . . .

However, it looks like they upped their grilled asparagus by $8 by plussing it with sauce?

pamickeys
03-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Now they need to ramp up Coral Reef's menu. A sea food restaurant with no lobster, amazing.

PopPhan
03-02-2011, 02:17 PM
This might help...from Disney Blog

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/03/le-cellier-steakhouse-graduates-to-signature-dining-experience/?CMP=SOC-DPFY11Q2Twitter3.2.1102-03-11@0001

Bethis26fan
03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Maybe I'm crazy but I don't like the way the menu sounds. I like the coffee rub steak call me crazy. :)