PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

KennyandKim
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
My DH, myself and our twin daughters are planning to visit in Sept. I really want to visit with just my DH and I. Our twins will be sophomores by the time we go on our trip in Sept and I don't see us taking them out of school for the next couple years after this trip. I really want to see Disney with holiday decorations but hate to think of the cold. LOL I guess I want the best of both worlds.

I have a really hard time doing things without my kids. My question is while we are on our trip in Sept should I book a vacation for my DH and I? What type of bounceback offers do they offer? He would be elated because I don't do that if it doesn't involve the kids.

Cinderelley
02-03-2011, 01:19 AM
You should absolutely do it!!!! It will feel weird at first, but it will be a wonderful time for you and DH.

steamboat52
02-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Yes! You should absolutely go, just the two of you. My husband and I had a wonderfully romantic, playful time there alone, just the two of us, for our anniversary. Being there with the kids is special, but it is an entirely different experience to be there alone together. I'll never forget the feeling of standing and watching the fireworks with his arm around my waist, and our leisurly stroll out of the park that night, walking just like we did at summer camp 35 years ago!

You will have no regrets and many, many wonderful memories.

DisneyFr33k
02-03-2011, 06:43 AM
I understand. I would have a hard time going to Disney without my kids too. But, they won't be at home forever and I know there will be future trips to Disney without them.

So go and have fun! :thumbsup::mickey:

faline
02-03-2011, 09:06 AM
I think even if you do a long weekend, it could be a fun, relaxed time for you and your husband. Bounceback offers aren't always offered so it's hard to say what, if anything, might be available when you are there next.

brownie
02-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Don't worry about the kids, they'll get over it ;). We've gone a couple times without the kids and I'd have no problem going again without them. You can experience the resort differently without the kids along.

MarkC
02-03-2011, 10:03 AM
We went to Disney last year for the first time without the kids, and this fall will be trip #2 without them as they will both be in college and in the dorms. You can go and enjoy -- its a different type of trip but still awesome as usual.

I do think the daughters are now too old to take out of school because classes are so much more structured at their ages. Just plan your next trip with them during one of their breaks or over a long weekend.

sassafras
02-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Definitely do it! DH and I used to drop our sons at their respective colleges and fly to Florida to spend a week at DW. It was so relaxing and so much fun!

mook3y
02-03-2011, 12:18 PM
my wife and I have discussed taking a long weekend for just us at WDW. We would like to go during the food and wine festival at Epcot.

KennyandKim
02-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Thank you all for your comments. We have always wanted to go on a cruise together so I am going to book a cruise and 3 days at the parks. I am not going to tell him until it's booked and deposit made. He will be THRILLE:marg:D.

DisneyFr33k
02-04-2011, 07:08 AM
We would like to go during the food and wine festival at Epcot.

We've been lucky with our kids in year round school. One of their breaks is in October so we've gone during the F&W Festival several times. We love it! If we ever go any other time of year, we know we'll miss it terribly! It's so much fun! :beer: :wine:

LVT
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
If it is from guilt, plan 2 trips. One longer one for you and a second shorter trip around their school schedule.

Mitzie
02-08-2011, 10:23 AM
GO GO GO, did I say you should GO! We went just the two of us and it was so nice. As far as the weather goes, early in Dec. when we went, it was still nice and warm...lower 80's and all the decorations were up! The funny part is we have pictures from the Halloween party of '08 and we were all bundled up...Pics from the Christmas party of '09, tank tops and shorts...go figure.

SBETigg
02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Definitely do it! We've gone numerous times as a family, and we will do so again. But when the kids were in high school, after a family trip, the husband and I booked a trip for just us and it was amazing. We had so much fun. The kids were a little jealous, but they completely understood. a) they had just been there, too. b) they know that we do a lot for them and we deserve some mom and dad alone time. c) we would have gone somewhere else for a long weekend and not given it a second thought, so why not WDW?

It's really different without the kids along, and you will enjoy rediscovering WDW without kids, and having some time with just each other. Highly recommended. Now that they will both be in college (in the fall) we plan on more trips with just the two of us (if we can afford it, with two tuition bills- yipes! :) ).