PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - February 28-March 16, 2011

Strmchsr
02-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Each day in February, I'll update this first post with the forecast, both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp). Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Monday pm, February 28, 2011
Today is going to hit 85 for a high, but things will back down tomorrow to around 75-77 with the potential for rain and thunderstorms. Definitely not an all day rain, but be prepared. Wednesday will be 74-76 then 71-73 for the high on Thursday with lows 52-54 both days. Friday and Saturday will be 76-78 with a slight chance of an isolated shower. Most of the rain that pops up will be along the coast, but it's not out of the question for one to drift inland. Sunday will be 73-75 with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. That timing is not set yet, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come through in the morning given the general pattern right now. Monday will clear out with a high around 75.

Long range...March 8-10 looks nice with highs around 80. The next chance of thunderstorms arrives March 11. March 12 will be near 70 for a low, but back up to near 80 for March 13. March 14-16 should see highs in the low 80s.

Travel Impact :plane: :truck: :drive:
At 2:15 pm CST, Boston, Philadelphia, and NYC are all delays. AL, GA, and TN will see delays later today. No major delays tomorrow unless Chicago has something due to winds.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iblog/B80495344/C2128971884/E162746321/index.html) and here (http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iblog/B80495344/C2128971884/index.html) to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

DISFAM4EVER
02-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks Strmchsr. As we are headed to WDW from Indy on Saturday the 5th. We will be driving and arriving on the 6th. Looking forward to your continued predictions for next week.:mickey:

magicofdisney
02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I'll be at Disney on Friday so I'm hoping for decent weather.

On a side note, my husband's job requires air travel twice a week and these Eastern storms are wreaking havoc on his travels. :(

JabberJaws
02-01-2011, 11:01 AM
I agree, double-thanks to Chris, aka Strmchsr, for taking the time, especially during his vacation, to update the weather forecasts for all of us. They are greatly appreciated!

Liking the warm weather and no major rain for our trip. We leave on Thursday!

Forecast for Friday at WDW = 75 :sun:

Forecast for Charleston, SC on Friday = 50 :freeze:

Yeah, Charleston isn't exactly the frozen tundra, but 50 is chilly for us! Looking forward to bringing the shorts back out!! :vacation:

Mitzie
02-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Just rub it in Chris...I am up in northern Indiana in a blizzard...if only that were blizzard beach..:(

Buttercup
02-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Hey Stormchaser - Thanks again for your awesome reports! I hope your trip to WDW was fabulous!
Question: have the forecasts radically changed since your last update? Everything that I'm reading is fairly different than your forecast but you're usually bang-on! Here's what I'm reading (but I sure like your forecast more - it's warmer!!!):

SAT. FEB 5: Cloudy w/60% showers - High 72F
SUN. FEB 6: 90% Light Rain - High 59F
MON. FEB 7: 90% Light Rain - High 63F
TUE. FEB 8: Sunny - High 57F
WED. FEB 9: Sunny - High 68F
THU. FEB 10: 40% Isolated Showers - High 63F

Hope you enjoy your last day at WDW! :mickey:

Strmchsr
02-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Question: have the forecasts radically changed since your last update?

Thanks! Yes, we had a wonderful trip.

Not sure if any new wrinkles have popped up. Got in late last night and just beginning to process the models this morning. I'll have a full update by 11 am CST.

Trev&Ev Mom
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks a million for your forecasts, Chris! You are the first and only place I look before I start packing!!

Looking forward to your forecast for the first weekend in March!! Hope its a good one!! :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
02-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Looking forward to your forecast for the first weekend in March!! Hope its a good one!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I can't say for sure about early March right now, but the rest of February is looking pretty mild and I'm guessing that trend will continue into March.

Trev&Ev Mom
02-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm still hoping for a nice ESPN weekend March 3-7th??

Trev&Ev Mom
02-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah!!!...so far, so good for ESPN Weekend! Thank you, thank you!:woohoo:

AmBo
02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey Chris! I'm back! I don't know if you remember me but you predicted my weather for my engagement question to the MINUTE! I can't thank you enough for that!!!

Anywho, we're heading down there now for my brother's wedding on March 6th and will be there from the 3rd to the 8th. Praying for dry weather!! :blush:

Thanks for all your work!

Strmchsr
02-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey, Eric. I do remember. That's one of those forecasts that's hard to forget. :mickey:

I hope it all goes well for your brother's wedding!

mickeyman42
02-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi, heading from YYT to EWR to MCO on saturday, whats the prognosis look like out of EWR for friday night into saturday? have a 7:30 am est flight and we do not need any snow/other delays to get in our way!

Strmchsr
02-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi, heading from YYT to EWR to MCO on saturday, whats the prognosis look like out of EWR for friday night into saturday? have a 7:30 am est flight and we do not need any snow/other delays to get in our way!

Timing is going to be iffy on this one. Right now, my best guess is that the snow will come through EWR Friday morning into afternoon and evening. Should start at YYT by Friday evening. However, it looks like everything should be out, or at least the worst over, by Saturday morning with conditions improving. A lot of factors come into play, but my guess is that delays are possible, but your flight should still be able to get out. Getting from YYT to EWR should be the tricky part. If you get into EWR with no problems then it'll be smooth sailing to MCO.

mickeyman42
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM
thanks, I wasn't as worried about getting out of YYT, more about the rain/wind in EWR friday night as the plane for sat am is the one that comes from EWR friday night (6:05 est), so if it doesnt leave friday night, no plane for sat am, thanks again

Strmchsr
02-24-2011, 10:33 AM
thanks, I wasn't as worried about getting out of YYT, more about the rain/wind in EWR friday night as the plane for sat am is the one that comes from EWR friday night (6:05 est), so if it doesnt leave friday night, no plane for sat am, thanks again

If anything, the models are moving a little faster this morning. I think that flight might be delayed, but it looks like it should be able to get into YYT tomorrow evening and the storm will be over by Saturday morning.

mickeyman42
02-24-2011, 11:25 AM
sounds great, thank a lot!

Ksmith75
02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi there.

How does it look for an afternoon flight from PIT - MCO on Sat?

Strmchsr
02-24-2011, 02:37 PM
How does it look for an afternoon flight from PIT - MCO on Sat?

Unless the system to the west really speeds up, I don't see any problems with that flight.

Crow
03-01-2011, 10:02 AM
thanks. we arrive late the 15th so will keep an eye on it