PDA

View Full Version : upgrading to annual passes

sassy2000
01-31-2011, 10:11 AM
We are going to Disney in May for 7 days on the kids play free promo. We will be going back Feb 2012 for 7 days. Will I be able to upgrade the kids tickets to annual passes for the difference in price or ,since they are free with the promo, will I have to pay full price for their annual passes?
Hope this makes sense to someone. :mickey:

forever a child
01-31-2011, 10:16 AM
I would assume they would give you the "value" of the 7 day passes and then you would be charged the difference in price for the two.

Last year, when we had the free give a day tickets...we upgraded to a 7 day park pass and this is what they did for us.

Don't know why they wouldn't want to upgrade you to the AP....your spending more money after all! :thumbsup:

megustamex
01-31-2011, 10:49 AM
If you call the reservations line they will be able to tell you, but I am pretty sure they will always let you upgrade a ticket.

kakn7294
01-31-2011, 02:37 PM
If you call the reservations line they will be able to tell you, but I am pretty sure they will always let you upgrade a ticket.They don't always let you upgrade. My daughter had a Magic Music Days ticket that went to waste because it was only good for a 2 or 3 week period and it was not able to be upgraded. She already had an AP so we didn't use the ticket. You also generally can't upgrade comp tickets.

With the package that you are getting, I would think that you can upgrade. In the case that they do not allow you to upgrade your kids tickets though, it would be cheaper to only pay for 7 day passes for the kids for the Feb trip if you won't be going any other time before your APs would expire. You don't need APs for the kids in that case.