PDA

View Full Version : All Stars questions

Dee13
01-31-2011, 08:53 AM
We are thinking about going to Disney in the next couple of weeks. We had a baby and money is tight.. We normally stay at Coronado or Wilderness Lodge. We got spoiled. But we love Disney so much we can only go if we stay at All Stars. On some disney website it says they have refridgerators in the room. I did not remember them being in All Star rooms.. Also what about coffee makers.. I am leaning towards All Star Movies. Is it clean?

sainter
01-31-2011, 09:21 AM
The values do not come with refrigerators but can be requested for fee per night. I don't know what it is. I do not believe there is a coffee maker either ...

Have not stayed at Movies... I wasn't much help was I? :blush:

sassy2000
01-31-2011, 09:58 AM
We have stayed at all of the Allstars and like the movies alot. The theme is fun. The rooms and grounds were clean. Had no complaints except for the beds only being full size. Other then that we enjoy them. They did not come with fridges but for (I think) $10.00 a night, you can get one in your room. I can't remember if they had coffee makers since I'm not a coffee drinker. :mickey:

forever a child
01-31-2011, 10:08 AM
No coffee makes and correct, refrigerators are $10 a night. We bring our own small coffee maker and cooler. It works.:mickey:

megustamex
01-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Movies is the only All-Star resort that is NOT refurbished. Both Music and Sports were refurbished in the last few years. I would definitely book one of those instead as I've heard a lot of reviews of Movies rooms being worn. We love Music as it has a fun pool atmosphere with music and games by the pool all day, and the rooms have been nicely redone. It's always been Disney-clean, and housekeeping has been responsive if there are any issues. You can also call to have your room cleaned before a certain time if you are working around naps - otherwise it always seems like they are coming to clean during nap time!

anneo
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
If you plan on using the buses, keep in mind that the Sports is the first to pick and and drop off, and being as you'll have a baby, all the baby gear, and possibly a stroller in tow, staying at the Sports might be better for you.

SandmanGStefani24
01-31-2011, 05:07 PM
I have stayed at both Music and Sports.

I had a good time staying at Sports last trip. Rooms were clean, service was very friendly in all areas and I liked the theming. I always rent a car, so the getting around part was easy, but having the Hess station and McDonalds nearby were nice pluses.

Music was ok, but not sure if it was before the work was done on it. Service was shaky at times too but overall still very good.

The only bit of advice I will offer :

Carry BOTH room keys with you. Both stays one of my keys did not work. Got locked out of my room at Music and luckily had my other key with me the 2nd time.

Other than that, worry not and have a great time!

DisneyorBust
02-01-2011, 05:25 AM
I see that you are concerned about the full bed size, you can request a room with a King sized bed. More room for the two of you and room for a crib etc. Hope this helps.

DisneyFr33k
02-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Last October on the way to Coronado Springs resort, Magical Express stopped at AS Sports. The entire front entrance was blocked and they were doing some kind of construction refurb on the entire entrance. The bus pick up was across the parking lot where they had tents set up. I assume that is complete? Just wanted to be sure so the original poster had all the info.

Also, when Music and Sports rooms were refurbed, did the bed sizes increase too? I know, wishful thinking!

FenwayGirl
02-01-2011, 11:55 AM
sometimes the resorts will "comp" a fridge is you need it for baby formula etc

johnO
02-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Movies was looking pretty worn out the last time we stayed there.