PDA

View Full Version : where to find, um.....beverages

mickeyman42
01-30-2011, 01:17 PM
this is going to seem like a very silly question but here goes, where is the closest place to buy alcoholic beverages (ie beer) to disney world. we are staying at CBR and have a rental car. I usually just buy a few at the resort gift shop, but considering that we will have a little fridge and a car, i thought I would save a few bucks and pick up some beverages while we are out and about. Here (newfoundland, canada) we can just go to a corner store (7-eleven-ish locations) and get some, but I didn't know if it was the same in Fl. or if you would have to find a beer store. anyways any help would be appreciated, thanks

Melanie
01-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Grocery stores in Florida carry beer and wine. No need to find specific 'package' stores. :thumbsup: And yes, you can get beer at 7-11 type convenience stores, but it's pricier than at a grocery store.

javamama
01-30-2011, 03:22 PM
All the major grocery stores in Florida carry alcohol, everytime I've been in Orlando for training we've made "runs" what do they have down there still the Publix?

faline
01-30-2011, 06:54 PM
One of the closest to Disney is Gooding's. It is a bit pricier than some other spots but is certainly much less than buying on Disney property.

Tink1
01-30-2011, 08:41 PM
I hit the Winn Dixie on Apopka Vineland for diet Pepsi and Cheetos, they also sell beer and wine. They are not much further than Goodings.

Head out Hotel Blvd to the light near the Burger King (Apopka Vineland Road).

To go to Goodings you would go straight. To go to Winn Dixie you take a left and it is on the right about a mile down the road.

Nanc

Melanie
01-30-2011, 08:59 PM
All the major grocery stores in Florida carry alcohol, everytime I've been in Orlando for training we've made "runs" what do they have down there still the Publix?

Yes, Publix rocks!

KylesMom
01-31-2011, 09:41 AM
I hit the Winn Dixie on Apopka Vineland for diet Pepsi and Cheetos, they also sell beer and wine. They are not much further than Goodings.

Head out Hotel Blvd to the light near the Burger King (Apopka Vineland Road).

To go to Goodings you would go straight. To go to Winn Dixie you take a left and it is on the right about a mile down the road.

Nanc

Going on this same theme . . . We've found ABC Liquors to be VERY close to the Disney property and are extremely reasonable. The store is right in front of the Winn Dixie Nanc has described above. We used to be Goodings folks, but tried a new venue due to the ridiculous prices there. Needless to say, we'll be going to ABC again this year! :mickey: