PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Dining Package

Ksmith75
01-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Can anyone tell me how it works? We are thinking of going next year. I know you get 2 meals a day...it is for a sit down or a counter...there doesnt seem to be separation like WDW... (WDW in 28 days!!!)

Jillirose
01-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Check out the Dining Plan (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/default.asp) link at info central. I will say that four years ago, I thought they were giving it away!! We got app, dinner, dessert and beverage. The plan has changed over time, and you now get dinner, dessert and beverage for the table service.

We are not using the dining plan this trip for the first time. We are looking forward to ordering apps at dinner, not having dessert, and eating a sandwich for lunch at a table service restaurant instead of counter service every day. We are going to be a little more spontaneous and flexible.

I think it still is a good deal, if your eating habits match what the plan offers. Intercot has a little excel calculator program at info central to help you calculate the benefits.

I will say that regardless of your choice, make reservations!

Disney4us2
01-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Word of advice..... Don't use the Disneyland Dining plan.

WDW and Disneyland's dining plans are so different. You get vouchers for Disneyland's plan. The vouchers have a money value. If your meal is less than the money value, you don't get change back.

I think it is better to go OOP at Disneyland. There are also so many outside restaurants to choose from in the area around Disneyland.

If you are a DL passholder or DVC member you can get a discount on the dining. I think if you are an AAA member you can get a discount on dining, but not positive on that.

Have fun planning:mickey:

NewDVCowner
01-31-2011, 11:57 AM
I aboslutely agree with Marci. The Disneyland dining place isn't anything like the Disney World one. You basically purchase vouchers, dollar for dollar, for food. If you don't use all of the money you don't get it back. There is no value or discount for buying the vouchers.

Ksmith75
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
thanks for the info. Looks like if we go, we will be paying oop for our food. Plus without being familiar with DL like we are with WDW (24 more days, and we will be there!!!)...you never know what you will be hungry for...

thanks again!

badkitty
02-01-2011, 05:51 PM
If you have the Chase Disney Visa, there are a few places that will give you a discount as well.

mom2morgan
02-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I agree on the above advice. I just went to Disneyland for the first time this summer, and did find the whole dining thing very different from WDW. I discovered, for instance, that some of the restaurants with WDW equivalents (Goof's Kitchen, which is similar to Chef Mickeys) were quite a bit more expensive! But we found a few gems that we really enjoyed - even had a few "impromptu" meals, which was unusual for us since you need reservations everywhere at WDW! Have you picked out any restaurants?