PDA

View Full Version : Free dining?

Daisy'sMom
01-30-2011, 10:47 AM
What are the chances of free dining this fall? I know everyone has said Disney is backing off on some offers and was just wondering.:mickey:

jlmct52
01-30-2011, 12:25 PM
I could be wrong....but Ithink there is a good possibility for free dining this fall. It is a certified hit and keeps prople coming back to "The World". Plus, the economy is still pretty sluggish and Disney will have to do something to get people into their hotels and parks.

DisneyFr33k
01-30-2011, 12:40 PM
The past two trips down, we went in October. They offered free dining. However, we had to give up our room discount, which I found out later really didn't give us "free" dining. We'll do it different next time.

vicster
01-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Last September we took the room discount instead of free dining. It was a much better deal - 40% off WL than free dining for two.

Dream'nDisney
01-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I sure wish they'd offer 40% off instead of the 30% off they are offering right now. We are getting free dining for family of 4 (kids are teenagers, but considered adults for DDP), so it is a better deal than 30% off room.

faline
01-30-2011, 06:58 PM
They already offered some free dining deals for much of this year - deadline for booking has now passed. It's hard to tell whether Disney will expand upon tha offer by adding another round of free dining bookings.

Pop Centurion
02-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm hoping they re-promote the deal. During my last trip I tried to book the bounceback but after sitting on hold for almost an hour I hung up & planned to book when I got home since the offer was open to everyone. Unfortunately I kept putting it off & lost track of the deadline to book. :mad:

Dream'nDisney
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
I hope the offer at least something later in June and July because now we may have to change our trip dates. Our kids have had three snow days in a row, which means they will add those days to the end of the school year (when we have our current trip and flights already booked). We might still be okay, but if we have anymore snow days, we might have to change everything. :confused:

DizneyRox
02-03-2011, 02:29 PM
I don't think it's going to happen. It's already been offered. If it didn't work the first time, I think the trend is to sweeten the deal and I'm not sure they are prepared to do that. Plus everyone who already has it will want the better deal so the offering will need to be even bigger (in terms of availability, etc) than what was already offered.

I'm guessing you'll maybe see a room discount or gift card upon check-in or something along those lines. Not free dining though.

MarkC
02-03-2011, 02:55 PM
And it may depend on gas prices. If they hit $4 and people are cutting back on vacations, Disney may offer it to sweeten the pot a little. If the economy improves they probably won't as bookings will pick up. Just keep checking on a daily basis. However, as other posters have noted, if you find a good room discount that's about the same deal. You can book it and then more freedom on meal choices. Good luck.

Marionla
02-05-2011, 12:31 PM
They usually come out with free dining extensions between May and August. It usually extends until about dec 15th. That is if they do it at all. We will book for Dec. If it is extended. It offsets price of gas or flight, and ecv's that cost us about 450.00 per trip. One needs any break that one can get considering price of a trip to my favorite place.