PDA

View Full Version : Fishing at Wilderness Lodge

TinaAndGlenn
01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Not sure where to post this question. We are driving down from Chicago & fishing the Gulf of Mexico for a couple of days. Since we will have our fishing gear with us I was wondering if they allow you to fish the beach at the Lodge? Obviously I am talking about catch & release, and fishing where and when there are no people to snag with a hook!

greengeen
01-29-2011, 06:11 PM
You can book a fishing tour... where you can catch-n-release at various points near the WL beach & dock. But you can't just bring your own gear down to the beach. Everything at Disney has that planned and *supervised* quality to it.

PlutoToo
01-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I believe you can "Catch and Release" fish in the canals at Fort Wilderness. That's just a short walk away,

faline
01-29-2011, 07:01 PM
The only fishing I know of near Wilderness Lodge is aboard a guided fishing excursion boat.

I do understand Fort Wilderness does allow fishing in the canals but don't know if they allow folks to use their own gear or require you rent the gear from them.

medic9016
01-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes you can and you can use your own gear.

TheRustyScupper
01-30-2011, 05:04 PM
1) No problem, and no license is required.
2) As you mentioned, Catch-and-Release.

DisneyorBust
01-31-2011, 05:19 AM
Are the rules (concerning fishing) the same for all of the Disney Resorts? Just curious.:confused:

spoiledraf
02-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I believe you can also fish in Bay lake at what I think would be the most eastern section of the bank (to the far right of the docks) . I was on a fishing excusion a few years ago and the guide mentioned that was the only area of Bay Lake you could fish in. We bypassed the area ourselves because she said it was usually fished out. But as all things Disney lately, that may have changed.