PDA

View Full Version : If we get free dining at a moderate...

LuvAllPrincesses
01-29-2011, 02:11 PM
...if free dining for the fall pops up (or if I get a pin :secret:) and we are staying at Moderate, will that mean that we HAVE to get the standard meal plan or could we do the quick service? Yes, I know the table service is "worth" much more but the quick would fit our family's needs for our next trip much better. (4 year old who doesn't like to sit for an hour and a mom who doesn't always like to have to work around ADRs every day for a week and having to pay tips OOP for table service adds up.)

If the answer is definitely "yes" we can only get the standard plan free, has anyone ever been refused to downgrade table service credits for counter service? We have done it once before, but don't want to rely on that possibility if we just got lucky and others have had problems.

I actually booked with a PIN for 35% off room rate right now, but pricing it out at rack room rate if we get free dining it only adds about $350 to our current package price so definitely will be worth switching to free dining if it pops up...even if we mainly eat counter service all week!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
01-29-2011, 07:13 PM
You can do which ever one you want I believe.

PittFan
01-30-2011, 04:57 PM
You may use TS credits for CS, just not the other way around. :mickey:

Genie1953
01-31-2011, 01:08 AM
When did they start letting you use table service credits for counter service meals? We were there last April and were told we could not do this.

PittFan
01-31-2011, 02:17 PM
When did they start letting you use table service credits for counter service meals? We were there last April and were told we could not do this.

We've never had a problem doing this. If we had TS credits left on our last day, we use them as a CS credit to eat at the foodcourt before our departure. We were told by Guest Services that this is allowed.

Genie1953
02-01-2011, 01:17 AM
We've never had a problem doing this. If we had TS credits left on our last day, we use them as a CS credit to eat at the foodcourt before our departure. We were told by Guest Services that this is allowed.

That's great! I will have to remember that our next trip. We did manage to use all of our table service credits....always made a point of making it to our reservations...however it was pretty difficult at times as I developed horrible rash related to sun exposure and a medication I was taking....and then midway through our 10 day trip I took a bad fall injuring my knees, hands, and ankle. Hopefully next trip will be better.