PDA

View Full Version : Quiet places at POR

poohbearlover15
01-28-2011, 05:44 PM
I'll be staying at POR for the first time towards the end of the year and was wondering if there were any seculded places like hammocks where you can just sit and relax. Any other useful information about this resort will also be appreciated!

mook3y
01-28-2011, 09:30 PM
If you just want to sit and relax for a bit, I would recommend taking the boat to DTD. It is a nice ride through the canals and you go by the Treehouse Villa's.

If it is busy, the may make you get off and get in line again.

But during the middle of the day, usually you can make the round trip without getting off the boat.

It's not quiet, but it still is a relaxing boat ride.

zcrsdad
01-29-2011, 01:48 AM
POR is probably my favorite resort. The boat ride is a great plus when staying there. Unfortunately there are no hammocks (those are at Poly) BUT they do have lots of benches in many areas where you can sit and relax. In Magnolia Bend (the mansions) I know the have a few fountains with benches that are quite relaxing to sit on.

Enjoy your time! My favorite building is Magnolia Terrace.

The food court is pretty busy in the morning and can get quite noisy, but it is a problem you can get your food to go. I like the lunch/dinner selections. In the lounge the have a pretty funny piano player that is worth taking some time to go and see.

stitch34
01-30-2011, 02:54 PM
I agree, the boat ride is very relaxing, what I did to relax was just just go and sit on the grass by the river. What I wanted to tell you is try to catch the piano man Bob Jackson on one of the evenings he is performing there. He's very good and you'll have a good time.

poohbearlover15
01-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Thank you all so much! Sitting by the river and on the benches sounds perfect :mickey:

Genie1953
01-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Port Orleans in itself is a very relaxing resort. You will love it. Lots of places to sit and watch the world go by!

Buttercup
01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Oh yes, definitely just wander around the mansion part of the resort along the water's edge. You'll see an occasional bike rider go by, or the clip-clop of a horse & buggy ride going by. It's lovely. :cloud9:

darthmacho
02-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Explore, and you will find places. Quiet pools, especially early in the morning are lovely places to catch a quiet moment. There is also a gazebo in front of Magnolia Terrace.

POR is a huge resort with over 2000 rooms, so there always seems to be people around. Timing is the most important factor. Late, late at night, or early, early morning seem the only true quiet times.

It seems the food court is never quiet.

Enjoy your stay! :mickey:

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
There are two Huge Live Oak Trees on the property. Both were tranplanted from elsewhere on Disney property when the resort was built. Amazing to see the lengths WDW has gone too in creating the resorts.

One morning, before the rest of our group was up, my son and I tried the Cane Pole fishing over at the "Fishin Hole". It was a great time. Quiet, relaxing and the smile on my sons face was priceless. A memory I'll have forever.

It was a bit pricey, but hey what in WDW isn't.:D

Kaps
02-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Any of the quiet pools in the Bayou section. We have been out by the pools till midnight and had the pool to ourselves most of the time.