PDA

View Full Version : WDW and the end of the World.

darthmacho
01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
I've decided to bump my 2013 trip to 2012, since the end of the world is supposed to occur next December, according to the Mayan Calendar, and supposedly predicted my Nostrodamus. Does everyone concur? :thedolls:

faline
01-28-2011, 05:16 PM
I prefer to think the World will last longer than that but, happy planning, anyway!

Goofy4TheWorld
01-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Depends on how frequently you go and whether you want to see the new Fantasyland under construction (2012) or completed (maybe 2013).

darthmacho
01-28-2011, 06:06 PM
faline, I hope so too, but I'm not taking any chances. I'm glad I got both kids there just in case things don't work out.

As for Fantasyland, if the world does end next year, I reckon we'll never see the end product. :mickey:

magicofdisney
01-28-2011, 06:13 PM
There's a movement right now that states you only have until sometime in May, 2011. I think it REALLY depends on who you want to believe; the Mayans, the May 2011 group, or Jesus. :)

DisneyorBust
01-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey Darth! May I suggest that you put your entire trip to WDW on a credit card. That way you'll never have to pay it off!:thedolls:

kakn7294
01-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey Darth! May I suggest that you put your entire trip to WDW on a credit card. That way you'll never have to pay it off!:thedolls::thumbsup:

darthmacho
01-28-2011, 06:33 PM
May 2011!?!?!?! I had no idea, That's only in a couple of months. I had better start packing... :mickey:

On the serious side, birds falling from the sky, dead fish washing ashore, unrest all over the Middle East, it kind of does kind of make me a little wary. :(

dnickels
01-28-2011, 07:31 PM
..... unrest all over the Middle East....

To be fair, that part has pretty much been going on for all of recorded human history

BellesRose
01-28-2011, 07:57 PM
There's a movement right now that states you only have until sometime in May, 2011. I think it REALLY depends on who you want to believe; the Mayans, the May 2011 group, or Jesus. :)
Agreed ;)
My dad keeps trying to scare us (Or maybe he really believes it himself) but now it's a joke in our house...we are thinking about moving but I keep telling him "Why bother doing all that work when the world is going to end in a few months?"
At least our passes expire in April so we got our money's worth ;)
Hope you make it to your trip :thumbsup:

BTM
01-28-2011, 08:43 PM
May 2011....We will be on the Dream the first week of May so if its gotta happen, I guess that's a good place to go.

darthmacho
01-29-2011, 07:33 AM
To be fair, that part has pretty much been going on for all of recorded human history

While this is true, there's something a little eerie about how widespread things are getting right now. I'm probably just paranoid because of the dead birds and fish though.

I need some WDW to cure my worries!

MOJoe
01-29-2011, 11:38 AM
The title of this thread really intrigued me.

But it's gonna take a lot more than some dying flocks of birds, schools of fish, and Mayan Priests with writers cramp, to get me concerned about The End being near.

No worries. I'm gonna party like it's 2011. :mickey:

magicofdisney
01-29-2011, 12:50 PM
While this is true, there's something a little eerie about how widespread things are getting right now. I'm probably just paranoid because of the dead birds and fish though.

I need some WDW to cure my worries!
The bird thing reminds me of a show on ABC last season (that was canceled!) called Flash Forward. It is an intriguing phenomenon.

greengeen
01-29-2011, 12:54 PM
That's as good an excuse as any I've heard.

Hull-onian
01-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Don't worry be happy....nothing we can do about it ayways....Think happy thoughts...:mickey: And a trip to WDW

forever a child
01-30-2011, 04:28 PM

I'll stick to believing Jesus, which means that no one know, only the Father. ;)

It's better too because otherwise my DD has the argument that she might as well drop out of HS since she graduates in May of 2012. :D

pandkx3
01-30-2011, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=forever a child;2137957]I'll stick to believing Jesus, which means that no one know, only the Father

This is what I believe....take all the worry away!

Cinderelley
01-31-2011, 06:08 AM
I've decided to bump my 2013 trip to 2012, since the end of the world is supposed to occur next December, according to the Mayan Calendar, and supposedly predicted my Nostrodamus. Does everyone concur? :thedolls:

Is it the end of our world or the end of DisneyWORLD? :thedolls:

I don't believe the world is going to end, but I do believe that people will be going nutso like the Y2K thing. It might be nice to be away in Walt Disney World then.

BandMan
02-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Is it the end of our world or the end of DisneyWORLD?

As far as I'm concerned, the end of Disney World IS the end of the world! :fit:

brownie
02-04-2011, 04:40 PM

I'm thinking you'll still be able to go in 2013 if you want.

BugeyedMuggy
02-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Funny, with everyone talking 2012 the end of the world we thought Disney is the place we would want to be at the end.

Cinderelley
02-08-2011, 05:31 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the end of Disney World IS the end of the world! :fit:

:laughing:

I will begin by admitting that I've never paid too much attention to the Mayan calendar stuff, but from what I understand, people believe the world is going to end because that is the end of their calendar. How do they know that they didn't stop filling it in just because the people who were writing it just died off?

DarthMacho - sounds about as good a reason as any to go. Just make sure you ship lots of bottled water and canned goods to your resort first.

Just-Keep-Swimming
02-08-2011, 10:12 PM
on the plus side, the park should be empty in January 2013!:mickey: since no one is planning vacations past dec. 2012 :thumbsup:

PopPhan
02-09-2011, 08:16 AM
:laughing:

I will begin by admitting that I've never paid too much attention to the Mayan calendar stuff, but from what I understand, people believe the world is going to end because that is the end of their calendar. How do they know that they didn't stop filling it in just because the people who were writing it just died off?

If you have seen/read/heard anything from people with Mayan heritage, you would find out the this "end of the world" prophecy is purely from the minds of "Western" 'philosophers.' To those of Mayan heritage, it is simply the end of an era. A new "calendar" cycle will begin immediately following the end of the old cycle.

giroux28
02-09-2011, 10:16 AM
I can't believe you are all making light of such a serious situation. This is appalling. Our lives are at stake and things MUST be thought of to save our very existence.

HAHAH just kidding. No chance the world is going to end. People just love coming up with ways to scare people because once fear is involved, they can be convinced of anything. I'm glad everyone is joking about this because the idea that the world is going to end on a preconceived date is ludicrous. Our messed up human race is still going to be around in 2013. I would love to see special rates for hotels/tickets for after 12/21/12. Start packing those bags for trips in 2013 and beyond!!

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2011, 10:26 AM
DBF and I's next trip a sea/land trip, is planned for 12/2012...I asked him this weekend, should we schedule it before the world ends, during the end of the world (like be on the boat on 12/21) or after the world ends....hmmm decisions decisions. Any advice out there as to what we should do? :confused::D

giroux28
02-09-2011, 10:29 AM
DBF and I's next trip a sea/land trip, is planned for 12/2012...I asked him this weekend, should we schedule it before the world ends, during the end of the world (like be on the boat on 12/21) or after the world ends....hmmm decisions decisions. Any advice out there as to what we should do? :confused::D

In my best boating lingo, stay the course. Everything will be fine. Kick your feet back on the boat with a nice :beer: or :marg: and enjoy the world continuing.

Cinderelley
02-12-2011, 09:11 PM

I think you should stick with your plans. The end of the world fireworks should be very pretty to see from out at sea. :D

Joannelet
02-12-2011, 09:15 PM
This thread is hilarious! thanks for making me laugh Darthmacho! I needed it tonight!

magicofdisney
02-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Good news, Russian scientists have given us until 2036!

TinkerbellT421
02-13-2011, 01:26 PM
I think you should stick with your plans. The end of the world fireworks should be very pretty to see from out at sea. :D

I agree!!!! :mickey:

tinka
02-13-2011, 02:12 PM
I am thinking this a great reason to plan a trip this year!!! I wonder if it will convince my husband?

Cinderelley
02-13-2011, 11:23 PM
If you have seen/read/heard anything from people with Mayan heritage, you would find out the this "end of the world" prophecy is purely from the minds of "Western" 'philosophers.' To those of Mayan heritage, it is simply the end of an era. A new "calendar" cycle will begin immediately following the end of the old cycle.

So it is like New Year's Eve? Do I get holiday pay for working that night?

Cinderelley
02-13-2011, 11:43 PM
So I read about the asteroid that is supposed to hit us on April 13, 2036. Do you think WDW will make this a hard ticket event? If they do, will we be allowed in at 4 pm or 7 pm? Will it be worth the cost of the ticket if they don't let us in until 7 pm? I don't want to lose the extra 3 hours.

BandMan
02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Will it be worth the cost of the ticket if they don't let us in until 7 pm? I don't want to lose the extra 3 hours.

I say go for it - you only live once. (And apparently afterward, not at all.) :D

:newyear: or ... not.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-14-2011, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=forever a child;2137957]I'll stick to believing Jesus, which means that no one know, only the Father. ;)

That's what I believe too:yes:

magicalmom
02-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Prognosticators were sure that the world would end in 1000, and again in 2000 CE(AD), as well as every time a good-sized comet has come by. The various epidemics of the Plague were deemed to be the beginning of the end of the world. I've also seen people with "the end of the world is at hand" signs for my whole life, and that's waaaaaaaay more years than I want to admit.

So far, all these folks have been wrong. Which is a very good reason to celebrate at WDW, don't you think?:pixie::fworks::party2:

Cinderelley
02-15-2011, 02:23 AM
So far, all these folks have been wrong. Which is a very good reason to celebrate at WDW, don't you think?:pixie::fworks::party2:

Do we really need a good reason? I was thinking all these bad reasons were reason enough. :laughing: