PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Happy Dance!

Basket Mommy
01-28-2011, 03:25 PM
I have to share here because our kids don't know we're taking them to Disney in May...

We booked 5 nights @ VWL for May, but I had originally wanted anything at BLT. Nothing was available, but I did a wait list for either MK or Lake view there just in case.

Got an email from Disney about an hour ago saying we got a Lake View at BLT! I'm THRILLED! We have stayed everywhere else but AK and OKW, and have tried to stay at BLT since it was opened.

I know y'all would understand my excitement!!

Only 92 days!!

MyDisneyworld
01-28-2011, 04:31 PM
They are going to go crazy...... How are you going to tell them?
We also have not told our kids that we are going to Disney and staying at BLT in October. Trying to decide how to tell them.

mook3y
01-28-2011, 04:41 PM
woot! Have fun planning the surprise.

It was soooo hard for me not to say anything when we surprised our kids, but it was worth it!

You will have to let us know what you do!

faline
01-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Happy to hear you got what you want!

Basket Mommy
01-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Our kids think we're taking a belated 15th anniversary trip during the time we're actually taking them to WDW. We've told them that we're taking them to spend the week with their grandparents (that's my excuse for getting them to pack!). Sometime during the journey I plan on sending my 13 YO daughter a text saying, "Surprise! You're not going to Alabama. We're going to Disney World!"

Best I've come up with so far.

mook3y
01-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Our kids think we're taking a belated 15th anniversary trip during the time we're actually taking them to WDW. We've told them that we're taking them to spend the week with their grandparents (that's my excuse for getting them to pack!). Sometime during the journey I plan on sending my 13 YO daughter a text saying, "Surprise! You're not going to Alabama. We're going to Disney World!"

Best I've come up with so far.

ah you have to try and get that reaction on video. I bet that will be awesome! :thumbsup:

Basket Mommy
01-28-2011, 06:01 PM
ah you have to try and get that reaction on video. I bet that will be awesome! :thumbsup:

I've been thinking about how to discreetly get out the Flip camera and have it pointed at her without arousing suspicion.

deedeenmickey
01-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Wow! I hope you have a ball! I wish I could have surprised my children when they were younger. Enjoy!!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
01-31-2011, 09:32 AM
:congrats: