PDA

View Full Version : Better way to book ADRs...by phone or at the Disney site?

Mickey'sIrishPAl
01-28-2011, 02:23 PM
I was wondering which way is better to book your ADRs when the 180 day mark hits. After a recent experience, I don't know that I trust the computer anymore in that I put $400.00 down toward our September trip and it never registered in their records. I received an e-mail to confirm payment but the funds never came out of my bank account for over 7 days. I called WDW and they had no records of the transaction and I also called my bank and they had no records of the transaction either. So, do I trust that the computer will get this right or am I better off talking to a human being and trying to get the meals that I want. Thanks!!

DizneyRox
01-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Online... You'll get an hour head start on the phone people and if I recall, almost instant e-mail notification. I would use that at the podium to get a seat if something did go wrong, but I think it's been working pretty good.

I have more faith in their computer systems than I do in the information the CMs are giving out these days.

KylesMom
01-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Online... You'll get an hour head start on the phone people and if I recall, almost instant e-mail notification. Yep - I did most of my dining reservations on-line & recieved e-mailed confirmation numbers. Now I can go & retrieve on the Disney site (tied to my reservation #) whenever I want. The only ones I wasn't able to make were a few LeCellier dinner reservations, which I then called & made on the phone. :mickey:

anneo
01-28-2011, 04:24 PM
The same thing happened to us when we made an online payment for our trip. I kept checking the bank account, but the money was never drafted, so after a week I called Disney, and they had no record of the payment. The next time I made a payment it went through right away.

ali'sdad2003
01-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Online - I like being able to see all of times that are available and being able to look at several locations at once. It beats having to say "Do you have a 6? How about 6:30? How about O'hana?

clausjo
01-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Another vote for online. I like being able so see everything that is available during my requested time. The email confirmation is great, too!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
01-28-2011, 06:03 PM
what time do they open on line to make the ressies?

kakn7294
01-28-2011, 06:25 PM
what time do they open on line to make the ressies?I believe it's 6am ET.

Pete Olsen
01-28-2011, 06:53 PM
On line was really easy.

Buttercup
01-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah, another vote for online. On the days when I wasn't sure where I wanted to eat, it was cool to just have a look at "all available times" and see what places were still available and when. :thumbsup:

mickeefan
01-28-2011, 06:57 PM
I definitely prefer on line. You can see whats available for different times and what shows no availability.
You are emailed a confirmation number.
Occasionally I log in just to make sure they are still there.

mfeliciano
01-29-2011, 10:01 AM
I found them to be much faster online. The only problem I had was when I lost the planner where I had written all my reservationns. When I went to the concierge at my hotel, all the reservations I had done online where not tied up to my hotel reservation. They said they could not pull them with my phone number, they could only go to the rest. and look one by one if I remembered the day and time I had made them! Imagine that. Luckily I was able to find the planner under a pile of clothes in our room!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
01-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Thank you everyone. Loooks like internet is the route to take. I appreciate all the feedback. I have never planned a Disney vacation by myself and am enjoying the process. I know it would be alot more difficult without the help of all of you on Intercot. Again, I sincerely appreciate all of your input and knowledge!! :)

LisaP
02-17-2011, 12:44 AM
My vote would be for online booking, but be careful. Certain reservations (such as CRT) require you to pay in advance for your reservation (even if you have DDP).

I had called to ask a few questions after making several reservations, and in mentioning this was told that certain reservations require advance payment with online booking only, but not if you reserve over the phone :confused:

At least I was able to get credited and re-book without advance payment so I was satisfied, but it would be nice if that information was made available at the time of booking.

Dragongirlx
02-17-2011, 03:56 AM
Another vote for online here. It's particulary useful for me as I have to make my reservations from the UK and phoning America is quite expensive. Much easier to do it online.