PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Burgundy

BrerEmma
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I remember hearing a while ago that monorail burgundy we be added to the current fleet. I have not seen it around. Is the any news on when it will be joining the fleet?

Ian
01-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Hmmm ... I know there was some buzz awhile back because some set of pins they had had a monorail burgundy included or something, but I don't know that I ever saw anything official about it.

A quick Google search yielded nothing on the topic at all, outside of the pin conversation.

JPL
01-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Is this the one that was being made out of the 2 damaged trains from the accident? I know I heard something about that being done but I don't remember exactly what color it was going to be.

Melanie
01-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Is this the one that was being made out of the 2 damaged trains from the accident? I know I heard something about that being done but I don't remember exactly what color it was going to be.

That was my understanding, that Monorail Burgandy was to be made from the 2 damaged monorails.

WDWfanatic742
01-28-2011, 01:38 PM
From what I understand either they made Teal out of the two halves that weren't damaged, or they made it out of most of Pink and the non-damaged cab of Purple which was finished a few months ago. Then they are repairing the rest of whatever is left of Pink and Purple which should take alot longer. We still don't know if the new 12th monorail will be Maroon, Burgundy, or something else.

Regardless, don't expect there to be any fanfare at all with the new monorail. They want to keep the news as quiet as they possibly can.

Monorail_Red
02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
There are still only 11 trains and the 12th should be out late this year.

Both trains...Monorail Teal and TBD are essentially the same trains...but with a different color stripe. So there's no new trains being added to the system or anything. Pink and Purple are still riding the beams.

Monorail Teal is the train that is made up of the undamaged cars joined together. The 12th train will be made up of the repaired cars. In the wreck it was just the 2 cars that collided had damage, none of the other cars were effected.

Monorail_Red