PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Resort Scenes

giroux28
01-28-2011, 10:35 AM
A good amount of us have had the incredible opportunity to spend some of our WDW trips at resorts on property, so we know that they give us memories that will stay with us always.

I thought this could be a great thread for everyone to share their favorite resort scenes, ones that you revisit in your mind during that awful board meeting or while shoveling the driveway (All of you in the northeast know where I'm coming from, especially the past few weeks).

For example, mine are..

Wandering along the walkway at the Poly, sand and lagoon to the left, relaxing music subtly filling the air with the tiki torches adding that little extra heat into the cool WDW early evening.

AND

That moment when you step foot outside of your room in the Contemporary main tower and you hear the friendly, bustling sounds of the monorail and people coming and going from Chef Mickey's, all ecstatic about their trip to the World, regardless of whether it's just beginning, ending, or anywhere in between.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your happy memories :mickey:

IATwinsMom
01-28-2011, 11:00 AM
We love the Beach Club!:number1: I often reminisce about walking out to the pool area early in the morning and just taking in the beauty and watching the boat come and go on the lake. It is so relaxing. I cannot wait until September when these memories will become reality again!!:mickey:

MarkC
01-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Agree on the Beach Club. Just being in the pool and watching all the games, the lifeguard dances, kids screaming, footballs flying, etc. Walking around those grounds is extremely relaxing.

PopPhan
01-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Standing on the balcony of our Boardwalk Villas Studio, dressed in black and white Mickey bathrobe, with coffee in hand, looking over at the Swan and Dolphin, listening to the first boats of the day going out toward DHS, the Luna Pool beneath us with the few early morning swimmers lounging about....

ChipDale2708
01-28-2011, 11:40 AM
We're BC/YC fans too! My favorites are the strolls to the boat dock in the morning, relaxing at Stormalong Bay and I can't forget entering EPCOT at the International Gateway. That entrance is so easy you can really take the time to soak in the first sights and sounds of the area. :cloud9: For our next trip, we are focusing on all the resort things we never had time to do because we're always in the parks. I can't wait until May!

kcrc
01-28-2011, 11:50 AM
My favorite scene...
Staying at the Poly with a lagoon view.
Waking up first thing in the morning before everyone else.
Stepping out onto the balcony - catching the first sight of Cinderella's castle and space mountain.
The lake has some early morning fog on it.
Seeing the monorails with their first loops of the day.
Hearing the ferry horn.
Ahhhh... nothing like it.

MOJoe
01-28-2011, 12:36 PM
The view from the beach at the Beach Club is one of the best vistas in WDW. Especially at night when the Boardwalk is all lit up. I can't explain why this is my favorite, but when i think of WDW, that's the image i have in my mind. :cloud9:

tinkergal
01-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Meandering the paths of POR...:cloud9:

sassy2000
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Sitting in a hammock on the Poly beach on a sunny day, listening to the music or
sitting in a chair at the Animal Kingdom lodge watching the giraffes meander around the property.

kakn7294
01-28-2011, 03:47 PM
For me it's opening my door at WL onto that grand lobby first thing in the morning. We were on the 6th floor above Whispering Canyon.

darthmacho
01-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Wow! You caught on fast! This is an insightful topic. Welcome to Intercot.

Here is one from each resort at which we've stayed...

1. Walking through the doors of the Wilderness Lodge for the first time, hearing the majestic music, inhaling the smell of wood-fire smoke, and absorbing the loftiness of the beautiful lobby.

2. Watching the sun set and moon rise over the lake, which is back-dropped by the poolside pyramid from our window seat at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs.

3. My beautiful red-haired wife posing for a picture in front of the big wheel at Port Orleans Riverside. :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
01-29-2011, 08:26 AM
View from balcony of the Yacht Club in the early AM with 2 or 3 joggers and the background music.

Sitting in the hottub at AKL.

The view of Hollywood Studios from a balcony at the Dolphin.

Any scene walking the grounds of the Poly.

Mousemates
01-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Having a leisurely breakfast from one of the tables outside the old faithful club that overlooks both the pool/lake and lobby of the wilderness lodge.

Sipping early morning coffee from my balcony at any room in the MK area while watching the monorail go by.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Walking down the streets of POFQ in the morning with the sun coming through the trees and turning the fountains to diamonds . . . :cloud9:

One of my favourite desktop pictures is that :D

foolish_mortal
01-29-2011, 02:18 PM
My favorite resort memories are attached to the Beach Club. One of my favorite things about it is the International Gateway. There's no better feeling than leaving Epcot when it closes and walking through the quiet countries while listening to the music. It's a feeling of having the park all to yourself. There's nothing quite like it.

UCJen
01-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I love the Beach Club Villas.

I like to sit by the villas pool and listen to the chill music. I also like to sit in "The Breezeway" and read.

I love the way the Epcot resorts area looks at night, BC/YC and Boardwalk all lit up. It's very pretty and I just enjoy walkng around all of the resorts at night.

Mitzie
01-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Ahhh waking up early and opening the drapes of my balcony at AKL to see which animals have joined me to see the sun come up- coffee in hand.

grumpydude
01-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Stepping out on the balcony at WL, at night, and seeing the castle, especially when it is changing colors.:number1:

grumpydude
01-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Wow! You caught on fast! This is an insightful topic. Welcome to Intercot.

Here is one from each resort at which we've stayed...

1. Walking through the doors of the Wilderness Lodge for the first time, hearing the majestic music, inhaling the smell of wood-fire smoke, and absorbing the loftiness of the beautiful lobby.

2. Watching the sun set and moon rise over the lake, which is back-dropped by the poolside pyramid from our window seat at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs.

3. My beautiful red-haired wife posing for a picture in front of the big wheel at Port Orleans Riverside. :mickey:

Ditto on number 1.:number1::number1::number1:

Sylvia
02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I have many, which pop into my head at the strangest times. Here are just a few:

CBR was our first on-property resort (1989) and the start of many years staying at Disney resorts. At last count, we've stayed at CBR 10 times, this is our favorite resort, and the source of our best memories. CBR really is our "home away from home". Several top memories are:

1. Arriving at the Custom House for the very first time and feeling like we really were in the islands. We spent a lot of time that first visit exploring every nook and crany of the resort and vowed never again to stay off property.

2. Early morning walks around the lake, very quiet and very peaceful, even though the resort is so large.

3. Relaxing in the evening and enjoying a treat from the bakery at an outside table at OPR, while watching fireworks from IllumiNations.

--------------------

A few years ago, when SoG was under construction to expand the size of the resort, I stayed at CR's North Garden Wing which was the temporary SoG. Two memories are still vivid:

1. My 2nd floor room overlooked the lake. The boat which took the parasailors on their adventure passed by my window, so I used to watch them take off while enjoying my morning tea.

2. Early morning or late in the evening - walking under the monorail track to/from the MK, while the monorail passed overhead.

johnO
02-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Walking into the lobby of ASMov and checking in after a 6 year hiatus from WDW and noticing the little details like the mural behind the desk, the cleanliness of the floor and realizing that finally; "we're back!"
Asking my daughter what resort we were staying at (Movies) in case we got seperated and she replies "We stayin' at da Dalmation"
Watching "Finding Nemo" poolside at ASMus one hot september night w/ DD in 2007
Walking the grounds of CSR at night.

SandmanGStefani24
02-01-2011, 08:29 PM
two come to mind from past trips.

Last trip before heading to the parks I walked to the Food Hall of AS Sports and walked down the sideline of the football field in the morning. It wasn't too hot yet, and there was a nice breeze and it was a sunny day. There were a few kids throwing a football around but it was pretty quiet otherwise. Kids playing, cooler temps and a laid back vibe really makes for a relaxing mood.

That first image of walking into POP or AS lobby area is also a nice one. You know you're back but that image really makes it feel like you've arrived.

Cinderelley
02-02-2011, 04:30 AM
CBR- I loved walking through the island and hearing the music in the morning.

Ft Wilderness Cabins - sitting outside on the picnic table in the morning or the evening and enjoying the peace and quiet.

POR - I had a favorite bridge that I liked walking across even though it wasn't the closest one to our room. :D

Pop Century - I have so many memories from here that I love, it is hard to pick just one. I guess I will go with wandering around the grounds taking pictures with my kids at various icons.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Well, a lot of my favorite memories come from our first trip so I would say one of my favorite resort scenes would be checking into All Star Movies, enjoying the memorabilia and my son sitting and watching the movies in that little kids area near check in.....thinking oh wow, I'm really at Disney World

We will be staying WL in December our first time at Deluxe Level and am looking forward to new favorite resort memories:number1:

Fastpasssteve
02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
One of my favorite things to do is going to the quiet pools late at night when all the youngsters are in bed.

This last trip, I loved being alone each late night in the large pool at AKL (Jambo House), listening to the Flamingos settling down for the night, the palm trees swaying overhead, and the full moon shining down. Beautiful!

slegrant
02-02-2011, 05:34 PM
One of my favorite scences is from Fort Wilderness....sitting on the rocking chairs at Trails End watching the kids play at the playgorund and just beyond seeing the boats pull into the dock from the resorts and the Magic Kingdom.

Another family favorite is grabbing a pizza at Gaspirilla Games at the Grand Floridian then going over to the beach and eat while watching all the boats on the lake

or

watching the fireworks from our balcony at the Grand Floridian with my beautiful wife while enjoying a glass of champagne (Anniversary trip)

only one more I promise....Sitting by the pool at the Wilderness Lodge while the kids swim at night...simply beautiful.

I am sure I can think of more but I will stop:mickey:

Checkers
02-02-2011, 06:17 PM
:mickey:Sitting on a bench at the Boardwalk just people watching while eating an ice cream cone. Also, sitting on a rocking chair on the veranda at the Boardwalk.

disney obsessed
02-03-2011, 08:33 AM
I have two scenes from our first family trip and one that is consistant with many of the subsequent ones.

1 Having the whole family(DH, me, DD's 7,4 and 1) in bed after our first day at DW. We were at the CBR and Andrea Boccilli came on PBS. If was the first time I heard him and it made the moment absolutly magical. The culmination of a perfect day.

2 Waiting for the bus the next morning. The smell in the air(it was the end of November), the slight chill that caused the kids to sit on their haunches and pull thier sweatshirts over their legs. They were so little and full of the wonder of it all.

3 Finally, everytime I walk into the AKL I become serene. The music, the smells... It transports me to a state of being almost beyond description.

Thanks for the memories.

Tigerinvestigator
02-04-2011, 10:54 AM
I think my favorite is also at the Poly, ground floor sitting on our patio with a heavy rain falling. People scattering from the pool and coming back from the parks. Knowing the parks will be empty when we go later!

Also love the Poly at dusk as they light the Tiki torches. It takes on a whole new atmosphere at night!

BigThunderFan
02-07-2011, 06:23 PM
The walk across the courtyard of Wilderness Lodge first thing in the morning! The sun is just rising, fog on the water, and ducks in the pool!

Only second to this is relaxing in the hot tub at the end of the night in a light rainshower and seeing the majesty of Wilderness Lodge rise above you. :thumbsup:

I miss it so much!!!