PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe or Kouzzina for breakfast?

Jen1984
01-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Wondering if anyone could give me any pointers as too which one is nicer for 2 adults? Have heard fantastic things about Kouzzina, but will mainly regarding dinner. Grand Floridian Cafe would probably be more convenient for us, but want to check that it would be good first!
Thanks!

greengeen
01-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I've had breakfast at both and they are both so-so. Kona Cafe has much better breakfast. But if you have to choose between the two, go with the most convenient (GF).

HoosierDisneyFan
01-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Of the two I have only eaten at Grand Floridian Cafe and we thought it was great.

SBETigg
01-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe is great for breakfast. I haven't been to Kouzzina for breakfast, but have heard good things. I would stick with the one most convenient to you.

ElenitaB
01-26-2011, 07:58 PM
All of the above isn't one of your options? ;)

I've yet to be to GFC but it's high on our list of places to try. Kouzzina has a wonderful breakfast, with everything from (Greek) yogurt with fruit and granola to waffles to a very tasty sweet potato and turkey hash (really good).

We had breakfast at Kona for the famed Tonga toast. It was far too sweet for me. The pineapple-macadamia pancakes are intriguing though.

Good luck with your choices (and really, do both... we won't tell :secret: ).

Jen1984
01-27-2011, 05:08 AM
Thank you! Wanted to do Kona Cafe but just not practical! My partners son is doing one of the Pirate Treasure Cruises one morning, so we thought we would grab the chance to have a nice adult meal! On the day we can make it, we leave him at either Grand Floridian or Beach/Yacht Club (hence heading over to Boardwalk). We want somewhere nearby, so doubt we'd make it over to the Polynesian in time! Would there be any other options in these areas? Don't want a character meal or anything too hectic. What are the breakfast options in Swan & Dolphin like?

Donald's Girl
01-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Grand Floridian Cafe is my hands down favorite for a fabulous adult breakfast. This is the first time in years we won't be having my birthday breakfast there since the child in me wants to eat with Cinderella and friends in the Castle!
If you go there, try the Lobster Eggs Benedict--I still dream about that!

ElenitaB
01-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Jen1984, my son did the Pirate Cruise (two years in a row) many moons ago. Thanks for bringing back those memories. :)

The first year he did the "cruise," my cousin and I took advantage of the child-free time and spent some quality adult time at the GF's spa. It was lovely!

Back to the present... you have great options at either drop-off point: at the Grand Floridian, you have the GF Cafe. At the Beach Club, you can either head over to Kouzzina at the Boardwalk or the Captain's Grille (menu or buffet) at the Yacht Club. If you want to go a bit further, the Swan-Dolphin have a few choices (keep in mind that they host many conferences/meetings and cater to the business crowd), including Fresh (buffet), Garden Grove (it's a character breakfast on weekends) and Picabu (which is more cafeteria-like and open 24/7, and serves a breakfast buffet).