PDA

View Full Version : worth postponing a trip until star tours is open?

dyin tago
01-26-2011, 05:34 PM
hi,

dw and I have a trip booked for september with free dining but we just got a pin code for 35 percent off and can go in early march or in may when weather will hopefully be less brutally hot.

the only thing holding us back is star tours 3d doesn`t open until late may.

will this be a good enough attraction to wait and tolerate the heat or would you go when it`s cooler weather?

faline
01-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Early March may be a bit cooler (that may be one of the only months I've never visited Disney World) but, personally, I've never felt there's much difference in heat and humidity levels between May and September. Rain showers, however, are more prevalent during September than May (and September is in hurricane season).

As to whether or not you should delay your trip based on one particular ride - that's really something only you can decide. It's likely something will be closed no matter when you go. That's probably not something that would be a najor deciding factor when I plan a trip - but, that's me and your priorities nay be different than mine.

Momto3littlemice
01-26-2011, 06:49 PM
For me, no... one ride isn't a deal breaker. We went once when Space Mountain was down -- probably my favorite ride and I was worried it was going to ruin things. It so didn't! I am looking forward to riding it more this coming time but we had a great time even without it!:mickey:

MarkC
01-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Agree one ride isn't worth the $$$ you would spend losing the discount, especially if you know you'll go back at some point in time. I'm guessing you probably will. However, if money is not that much of an object for you and you are a big Star Wars fan, it may be worth it to you.

Mogie
01-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Even more important than Star Tours are the crowd levels. In September you will experience the lowest crowds of the year, and walk right on most rides without a wait. But in March you run right in to Spring Breakers and some of the worst crowds of the year. May will be pretty hot and humid too keep in mind.

Being a Star Wars fan I would wait for Star Tours anyways. But the crowds make it a no brainer.

Even if it comes down to money...I would go in september and try to find ways to make up the 35% discount you will miss out on.

dyin tago
01-28-2011, 04:07 PM
and it gets even better!

just got a pin code in the mail for 35 percent off a valu or moderate that is valid the same time in september when we have free dining booked.

I figured it out and we save way more with the room discount than free dining.

the offer is also valid for early and late october and november so we also have that option but we are so used to low crowds in september we may just stick with that.:mickey: