PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars

mitchsfan
01-26-2011, 05:20 PM
If I buy a Disney gift card from either a Disney store up north or a store like a supermarket that sells Disney giftcards, can that be used anywhere in the parks? We have a good friend that will be visiting DW in a few weeks for her daughter's wedding. Money is tight right now for them so we wanted to get them a gift card but we wanted to make sure that they can spend it where ever they see fit.

I am assuming that if a restaurant is in the park and it is not like a Planet Hollywood or a Rainforest, the card can be used.

Thanks

gerald72
01-26-2011, 06:46 PM
True. Non-Disney owned restaurants won't accept them. Also, I wasn't able to use them at the resort arcades.

MyDisneyworld
01-28-2011, 04:56 PM
We bought over $500 worth of gift cards from our local grocery store for our last trip and they worked everywhere we tried. The store was offering a special that was like $5 in free groceries for every $25 spent on Disney gift cards or something like that. We used them to buy park tickets, at resturants in the park and some of the stores. Our only issue was that they can only take so many for each transaction and the store special was only for $25 preloaded cards. Not a big deal just used the max each time.

clausjo
01-28-2011, 05:08 PM
We use gift cards everywhere as well. My son even used one over the summer at T-Rex to buy something in the gift store part of the restaurant. I was surprised that they accepted it because I know they're not Disney owned.

mickeys_princess_mom
01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
This could be a good way to save money for our trip....Just keep picking the cards up now and then..:secret:

mom2mickeyfan
01-30-2011, 10:58 PM
You can also order them online. The shipping is free. Takes less than 2 weeks to come in and there are LOTS of designs to pick from. I order them to save for our trips. I don't think I can post the web address here.

Buttercup
01-31-2011, 09:24 AM
You can post the address to a disney site. :mickey: Go to www.disneystore.com and you'll be able to find all the different designs for gift cards.

Santa mysteriously shops there too because every year he buys my kids a gift card with their favorite characters so they can shop on our next vacation! :thumbsup:

mom2mickeyfan
01-31-2011, 10:51 AM
You can also go to www.disneygiftcard.com to go right to the giftcards and not even have to search. I love how they have so many different ones to pick from.
Look under view all for the card library to see all the cards.

Thanks Buttercup for letting me know about being able to post a disney site!

musicteacher
02-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I've had a Disney Visa for a few years and started using it a few months to rack up some credit to get a gift card to use when we just went to Disney World.

Even though I already had one, another offer came in the mail addressed to our family with the offer that if we got a Disney Visa and used it once, we would receive 200 points, which could then be redeemed for a $200 gift card. Geez, why not???

So we accepted it and got it in my husband's name. Used it once for a gas purchase, paid it off, and racked up 200 points.

About 2 weeks before our trip, I cashed our points in. I received one card for $200 and another for $48 from my Visa card.

We used the smaller one the first night in the resort to buy our mugs and meal as our dining plan didn't kick in until the next day.

The 200 dollar one we used throughout the week to pay the tips on our table service meals. DH decided to go golfing right near the end of our stay and what was left on it paid for a good chunk of his golfing.

Betsy

dwonderz
02-06-2011, 11:25 PM
We're looking into transferring all our money onto Disney Gift Cards, that way it will ONLY be available for Disney and not for other spending purposes!

I like that they never expire :mickey:!

LVT
02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I have gotten Disney gift cards from fundraisers
both at my church and at for a private school.
They do not raise much, ie mine got them 1.5%, but then I spend a lot at Disney and never got any back for anyone before, so it was a deal.