PDA

View Full Version : Dining Suggestions for DD's 17 Birthday?

forever a child
01-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Our fall trip will be during DD's 17th Birthday.:party2: She wants to go to MK for the day (Oct 1st) which should be fun because it will also be MK's 40th Anniversary! I assume it will be busy because it is on a Saturday.

I have some ideas, but I thought I would ask for suggestions for dining or anything else you might suggest to make her B-day special. :magic: She has never been to WDW during her b-day before so she is especially excited about this trip!

We do not get park hoppers...so dining will be limited to MK or resorts (which is fine). Any ideas?

Thanks!

McLiberal8
01-26-2011, 03:00 PM
My favorite place to eat in MK is Crystal Palace. The 100 Acre Wood characters are great, and the atmosphere is fun without being too kiddie. The food and service is also amazing. They have always gone above and beyond whenever I go there.
Have you considered eating at a resort? You are only a monorail ride away from some amazing restaurants at the Contemporary (California Grill) or Polynesian(Ohana's)!

WishingStar2006
01-26-2011, 03:00 PM
California Grill at the Contemporary, Narcossee's at the Grand Floridian and there is always Cinderella's Royal Table..if you mention that it is a birthday on the ADR (at least I know they do at California Grill and Narcossees) you will get a special menu that says Happy Birthday (not different food, just a keepsake) and they decorate the table with Mickey confetti!

KennyandKim
01-26-2011, 05:33 PM
We are visiting during our twin daughters 16th birthday. We wanted an in room celebration but Disney Florist is too expensive so I am picking things up and taking them to set up in the room myself while they are enjoying the pool

ElenitaB
01-26-2011, 08:02 PM
I'd suggest California Grill.

May I also suggest going to the Grand Floridian's Afternoon Tea. It's quiet, special and a nice way to spend some "connect" time (which can be hard to come by with a teen) outside the parks?

patandtwins
01-27-2011, 01:31 PM
I'd suggest 'Ohana or the Luau (they call up the birthday celebraters). Or if she'd be ok with the characters, you could go to Chef Mickeys and get the photo to remember her B-day.

Mousemates
02-01-2011, 09:09 AM
California Grill (with reservations made to coincide with being able to watch wishes from the private viewing deck).