PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl's "girlfriend's wknd" pre-trip report...

Dsnygirl
01-26-2011, 11:43 AM
:mickey: So, this is the second time I've done this -- left my little family behind in the snow for the warmth of Florida, palm trees, Mickey & some time with my girlfriends. And although there is always a minor feeling of guilt, esp. as I get excited while packing my suitcase & I get those :rolleyes: looks from my girls and/or my DD -- I can honestly say I am more excited than anything else!!

Cast of characters --

Me, Dsnygirl - 43, travelling from Upstate NY
Friend #1 - not putting ages up for anyone else :) - travelling from Portland, Oregon
Friend #2 - making the huge trip from Celebration... ;)
Friend #3 - again, making a long trip in from Cocoa Beach....

Some family members belonging to the "local girls" will be joining us from time to time, as well... but don't tell my DH, as I've pretty well convinced him it's girls only so he doesn't howl at the moon so much.... :D

This is a trip we've been talking about forever... there are a bunch of us who met here on I'cot, and we've become fast friends over the Internet. But we rarely get to see each other, unless our family trips just happen to overlap, so we've thought about trying a "girls trip" many times. Not all of us were able to do the trip this time, so those that are home will be with us in spirit, and I'm sure chatted with while we're there!!

So, on to the trip....

(We honestly haven't planned all that much, choosing instead to enjoy the spontaneity we don't get much of when we travel with our families. ;))

Thursday, Jan 27 - My friend travelling from Oregon arrives at MCO at 7am on a red-eye, and hopefully will be able to check in and get her room, and maybe a nap. I arrive at 10am, and will take ME to our resort (we're all staying at ASMusic....) and am also hoping for my room to be ready, but only so I can drop off my bags and unpack. If not, I will drop my things off w/ the concierge CMs and get myself off to MK as fast as possible!! I cannot WAIT to see the castle, and walk down Main St.... and will maybe meet up at this point with my friend who's already arrived.

I am guessing we'll stay at MK for the day... our friend who lives in Celebration will be meeting us after work, and we'll finish out the evening together, before heading back to our resort for some much needed sleep.

Friday -- not sure where we'll spend the bulk of the day, but we've got EMH at Epcot, so I'm thinking we'll be there for the most part. We've also got dinner ressies at the new restaurant in Mexico, which I can't wait to try! Our Celebration gf and our friend from Cocoa Beach will be joining us mid-afternoon, and spending Fri/Sat nights with us at the resort. After catching Illuminations, we're heading back to the resort for some bahama mamas, snacks and catching up with each other. Oh, and of course, some sleep.

Saturday -- I have no idea where we'll be, but thinking we'll end up at DTD in the evening, as there are no evening EMH, and I know we'll all have shopping to do. No trip is full for me w/o a stop at WoD!!

Sunday -- we have breakfast ressies at CP in MK.... other than that?? No idea... but I do know we'll end up at MK in the evening, as they have EMH 'til 11pm. Woohoo!

Monday -- today it's back to just being the two of us who flew in, but just for awhile... ME will be picking my gf from Oregon up around 11. I'm planning on hitting AK at 8am for early morning EMH, as I've done them before and they're just great... I think my gf is planning on joining me, and then we'll head off to wherever she'd like to hit last before she heads out. My ME ride doesn't pick me up 'til 4pm, so I'll probably head back to MK for one last time after she heads out, just to take it all in and say goodbye to Mickey. Then I'll be off to get home to my family and the waiting snow.... and lots of hugs, I am sure!! (and girls looking anxiously for those Disney bags.... :cloud9:)

Thankfully, when I get back, it will only be a few days until the park hours come out for our family trip in August, and it'll then be time to plan out our ADRs.... that ought to make the return trip much more bearable!! ;)

faline
01-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Have a great trip, Blythe! If your winter has been anything like mine, this is great time to get away!

Nascfan
01-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Sounds like a good time without being too tied down to schedules. Have fun Blythe!

Disney4us2
01-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Have a great time:mickey:

DizNee143
01-27-2011, 07:07 AM
sounds like its going to be a great friends getaway!! hope everyone has a good time and cant wait to read how it all went when you get back!:mickey:

DisneyorBust
01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Looks like a great trip with your friends!
Have a fantastic time in the "World" !

vizsla
01-28-2011, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the report.

RedSoxFan
01-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Have a great time!!:mickey: