PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Delivery

wdwjenn
01-26-2011, 08:53 AM
I will need to purchace a few items to keep on hand during my vacation. My son has a milk allergy so I will need soy milk and cheese as well as bottled water to mix bottles for the baby and OJ for the adults. I plan to send the non perishables UPS before we arrive but want to use a grocery service for the rest.
Which grocery delivery service would be my best bet if I am not ordering a lot of items?
Or is it more economical if I just take a cab to Goodings?:cool:
Thanks for any help you can give :mickey:!!!!!!!!!!!

Strmchsr
01-26-2011, 10:14 AM
In general, I think Garden Grocer tends to be the best, though I hear good things about wegoshop, too. You might check the prices because it might be a lot cheaper to use the grocery service for everything as opposed to paying the UPS shipping charges. Another option is to use a towncar service from the airport instead of Magic Express. Most of the towncar services offer a grocery stop as part of the service and that would be easier than a taxi.

Dulcee
01-26-2011, 10:52 AM
We used Garden Grocer on our last trip for water bottles, ceral, milk, yogurt etc. Paid for it advance, gave them the hotel we were staying at and it was delivered to our room on day one of our trip.

Everything was as ordered and we had no problems. I would highly recommend doing all your shopping this way and avoid the hassle of having two separate deliveries to think about.

Dream'nDisney
01-26-2011, 11:12 AM
We used Garden Grocer on our last trip for water bottles, ceral, milk, yogurt etc. Paid for it advance, gave them the hotel we were staying at and it was delivered to our room on day one of our trip.

Everything was as ordered and we had no problems. I would highly recommend doing all your shopping this way and avoid the hassle of having two separate deliveries to think about.

I second that!! We will be using Garden Grocer for the third time on our upcoming trip. They are great. Their prices aren't much higher than our local grocery store either! :thumbsup:

nkereina
01-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Garden Grocer gets great reviews, but they do have a $12 delivery fee and a $40 minimum order for delivery so depending on what you're ordering, they may or may not be the best option.

jokat
01-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Positive review for Garden Grocer from this family! Used them last trip. Honestly, I ordered too much and we had stuff left over. That's usually how we roll though, LOL. The service was so convenient, prompt, and saved us a lot of time. Worth the delivery charge in my book to avoid the use of a car/taxi and the time to make the jaunt. A convenience I would pay for again.

eandrsmom
01-30-2011, 04:55 PM
We've used Garden Grocer in the past, and have been very pleased. We scheduled our delivery for an hour after our arrival. I unpacked our clothes and our groceries, and was finished for the week. I even ordered doughnuts and fresh items from their bakery. Everything was wonderful. We will use them again.

Genie1953
01-31-2011, 01:15 AM
We loved Garden Grocer and will use them again!